PDA

View Full Version : Cole relishing United clash

bad_meetz_evil
04-28-2006, 09:03 AM
http://images.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/Premiership/Chelsea/cole_joe.jpg

Joe Cole has insisted that Chelsea are relishing the prospect of securing the Premiership title against Manchester United on Saturday.

The Blues only need a point from the game at Stamford Bridge to win their second successive league title, but are sure to be severely tested by a United side in scintillating form.

However, Chelsea are determined to banish the memory of last week's FA Cup defeat to Liverpool, and Cole has warned The Red Devils that his side are in great shape.

"We've had a good time in training this week, working hard," said the England midfielder.

"Last Saturday's gone and now all we can do is achieve the remarkable feat of putting back-to-back titles together, and we can do that this Saturday.

Cole has been left out of the Chelsea starting XI on a few occasions recently, but he is desperate to be included against Sir Alex Ferguson's men.

"Everyone wants to be playing but it is down to the manager and he has a fully fit squad more or less to pick from," he commented.

"I always enjoy training and everybody has been looking good. It's going to be a big game in Chelsea's history."

United defender Rio Ferdinand, who played with Cole at West Ham, is aiming to spoil Chelsea's party, although he did pay tribute to The Blues' efforts this season

"Saturday's game is a massive one for us. They'll obviously be trying to win the league but it's up to us to try and delay that for as long as possible," Ferdinand explained.

"Three points will help us end the campaign on a high and will stand us in good stead for next season. We want to win for our own personal satisfaction."

"They've been very consistent this season and deserve credit for that. We could have put a bit more pressure on them if we hadn't slipped up against Sunderland but it wasn't to be."

W-OLF
04-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Still not using sources I see I expected more from a SMOD.