PDA

View Full Version : McMahon has no clue...

Platinum_Lies
05-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Another bullshit match but instead with Khali and HBK. Even HBK can't make this guy look good. And the plan to get cheers for Cena is falling flat on its face. People that booed Cena before just seem to be getting louder now.

More of Vince strutting and now trying to act like a rapper. Another worthless match with Lashley that completely ignores the match tomorrow on ECW for the championship.

More stupid humour spots with Cryme Tyme that achieve nothing. Worthless buildup with Kennedy. Pointless diva matches. Another Umaga squash...

McMahon has no idea what the fans want anymore. No one wants Khali anywhere near the championship of any form. Especially that it is all being built up for the pet project to play Superman some more. No one wants McMahon with the ECW belt; it is a disgrace to wrestling and fans. McMahon has lost touch with the fans.

It is time for McMahon to get the hell out of the way. The WWE is becoming a joke.

Flair Country
05-08-2007, 03:45 AM
Amen!! It's a shame that no one can break through McMahon's ego and let him know that he is seriously hurting his company right now.

tommy
05-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Another bullshit match but instead with Khali and HBK. Even HBK can't make this guy look good. And the plan to get cheers for Cena is falling flat on its face. People that booed Cena before just seem to be getting louder now.

I didn't hear any louder booing than before. The match was interesting for half of it. The end was bull, but besides that, I didn't mind it.

More of Vince strutting and now trying to act like a rapper. Another worthless match with Lashley that completely ignores the match tomorrow on ECW for the championship.

That's because tomorrow night's match is NOT a championship match. He never said it was. He said one of them would get to take him on. That's it. While Vince is acting stupid, there is no title match tomorrow.

More stupid humour spots with Cryme Tyme that achieve nothing. Worthless buildup with Kennedy. Pointless diva matches. Another Umaga squash...

Cryme Tyme made me laugh. It reminded fans about them, so that if they start pushing them again, fans won't be like "where did they go?" Kennedy was awesome, and it led to the fight tonight. Diva matches will happen every week, regardless of what anyone thinkg. One a week, you can deal with it.

...the Umaga squash match was stupid, but it is just showing how "dominant" he is.

McMahon has no idea what the fans want anymore. No one wants Khali anywhere near the championship of any form. Especially that it is all being built up for the pet project to play Superman some more. No one wants McMahon with the ECW belt; it is a disgrace to wrestling and fans. McMahon has lost touch with the fans.

It is time for McMahon to get the hell out of the way. The WWE is becoming a joke.

McMahon doesn't give a crap what the fans think, he is doing what he feels to be best for the buisness. While you may not like Cena, he is a huge money maker for the company, so for his "Superman" gimmick to continue is good for the WWE. The ECW title is probably a way to get the title of Lashley without making Lashley look weak.

EDIT: Also, now it's obvous what the Kennedy build up was. Kennedy must really be injured like it's been said online, and this is a way to write him off the shows as soon as possible so he can recover.

And if Kennedy isn't injured, then this could be a fued for Judgement day and a rematch for the title shot.

EDIT Again: ...after that ending, I take it back. I completely agree with you...McMahon is crazy.

Platinum_Lies
05-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Worse wrestling show I have ever seen.

Will
05-08-2007, 04:14 AM
A triple post, and by a mod, thats new.

As for Vince not knowing what he is doing anymore, thats total bull. The WWE is doing the best business they have done since the end of the attitude era. Ratings are up, house show attendance is up and the company is turning out millions in profits every quarter. And anyone who thinks that Vinny is turning the WWE into a joke now must not have been around for the cartoon era of the early 90's with Doink the Clown, the Godwins, HHH in pig pen matches, Hart falling from the ceiling as a superhero gimmick, nailz the former criminal, issac yankem the dentist and a thousand other stupid gimmicks.

Platinum_Lies
05-08-2007, 04:15 AM

As for Vince not knowing what he is doing anymore, thats total bull. The WWE is doing the best business they have done since the end of the attitude era. Ratings are up, house show attendance is up and the company is turning out millions in profits every quarter. And anyone who thinks that Vinny is turning the WWE into a joke now must not have been around for the cartoon era of the early 90's with Doink the Clown, the Godwins, HHH in pig pen matches, Hart falling from the ceiling as a superhero gimmick, nailz the former criminal, issac yankem the dentist and a thousand other stupid gimmicks.

You can really say this with a straight face after that RAW? Wow... just wow.

Platinum_Lies
05-08-2007, 04:19 AM
We have Cryme Tyme, Eugene, Khali, an invincible champion, some highlanders... not all of this exactly adds up to serious gimmicks.

This era right now reminds me so much of the doink the clown and duke the dumpster drowsy days.

tommy
05-08-2007, 04:32 AM

Sorry bout that triple post thing. I'll go fix it. I was trying to type and watch RAW at the same time.

Raw wasn't that bad this week. Not even the worst this year. Remember the one after Wrestlemania? Hardy's won the title's then nothing else happened.

This week we had: decent match between Hardy's and WGTT, decent action between Khali and HBK (not the best, but it could have been a lot worse), great promo's from both Carlito and Kennedy, Edge getting back into the title scene, funny promo from Cryme tyme...

It could have been a lot worse.

Platinum_Lies
05-08-2007, 04:39 AM
Sorry bout that triple post thing. I'll go fix it. I was trying to type and watch RAW at the same time.

Raw wasn't that bad this week. Not even the worst this year. Remember the one after Wrestlemania? Hardy's won the title's then nothing else happened.

This week we had: decent match between Hardy's and WGTT, decent action between Khali and HBK (not the best, but it could have been a lot worse), great promo's from both Carlito and Kennedy, Edge getting back into the title scene, funny promo from Cryme tyme...

It could have been a lot worse.

Khali/HBK was predictable and Khali walked and stared at the crowd after every move.

The WGTT should not be there just to job week in and week out. They should be used to build the division. And the whole code of honour thing could have been done last week instead of pulling out over a longer period of time.

Carlito's promo was good until he went all spanish and I'll admit that Edge winning was nice. But it wasn't all that surprising with the way the match was set up.

Will
05-08-2007, 05:57 AM
why can no one put all their thoughts in one post today. Its a tad bit odd.

I'll read a review within the next few days, but for now I don't have a clue what happened on Raw.My comments are in regard to the state of the business as a whole, not what happens on one episode of Raw. Honestly I don't even watch wrestling anymore. The business aspect fascinates me and I keep up with the storyline's online, but I have no desire to watch oiled up,roided up, 45 year old men in glorified underwear pretending to fight. I could count the number of shows that I have watched in the last 5 years on one hand, and those are all live shows that I went to because no one puts on a show like the WWE. Regardless I stand by my statement that the business is at its best point now that it has been at in the last 5 years.

tommy
05-08-2007, 06:26 AM
There are two things that dissapoints me the most about RAW:

1. Mr. Kennedy vs Edge - I'm half and half on this. It all depends on if Kennedy is injured or not. Either way, my dissapointment lies on the fact that this could be played off as Kennedy's injury, which, it's not that I'm mad with the WWE, I"m just upset at how it turned out. Now, if Kennedy isn't hurt, this could be a great move by the WWE. Have Kennedy lose tonight by getting jumped, then have Edve vs Kennedy rematch for the Money inthe Bank briefcase at Judgement Day. I'm gonna go on a limb and bet that these two could pump out one great match, and, if Kennedy wins it back, it gives him more credibility as he has beaten yet ANOTHER former world champion, but this time he would have done it legit.

2. Randy Orton vs John Cena - I was excited about this match since I heard about it. And what did it end up being? 5 minutes. Cena gets beat up, does his comeback sequence, then chases after Khali. Afterwards...not a word about the actual match. I mean, they should have had Orton drag Cena back into the ring after he was decked out, get the quick pin, and used it as a way for Orton to claim a future title match. It would have taken away from Cena's invincibility and made Orton look a whole lot better. Instead, they end it with no conclusion of the match.

That last point really upsets me, as it is the reason I don't watch TNA to this day. I remember the first time I decided to give TNA a chance, the main event was Samoa Joe vs Rhino. At the end of the match, Monty Brown came out, they all brawled and they all went through a table together, the show ending after that. It made me so mad that they didn't give a conclusion to the match, saying if it was a no contest, DQ ending or what. Now WWE just pulled the same sort of thing.

Will
05-08-2007, 06:34 AM
There are two things that dissapoints me the most about RAW:

1. Mr. Kennedy vs Edge - I'm half and half on this. It all depends on if Kennedy is injured or not. Either way, my disappointment lies on the fact that this could be played off as Kennedy's injury, which, it's not that I'm mad with the WWE, I"m just upset at how it turned out. Now, if Kennedy isn't hurt, this could be a great move by the WWE. Have Kennedy lose tonight by getting jumped, then have Edve vs Kennedy rematch for the Money in the Bank briefcase at Judgement Day. I'm gonna go on a limb and bet that these two could pump out one great match, and, if Kennedy wins it back, it gives him more credibility as he has beaten yet ANOTHER former world champion, but this time he would have done it legit.

Edge won the MITB shot tonight, so he can show up at smackdown tomorrow and win the Smackdown title. Vince has no faith in Batista anymore, so this was the best way to get an actual main event wrestler to carry the belt on the B show.

XXKSXX
05-08-2007, 02:57 PM
IMO, I would have to say that this was one of the worst RAW's in history. The show only had story lines no real matches really. I also think Kennedy's injury is pretty serious. He was bandaged up pretty good where his injury is and he wasn't really using his arm all that much. The Kahli thing on the other hand is a good storyline but theres just one thing Kahli sucks, so it don't work at all. I have never really had a problem how Vince does business cause truthfully its his business to run. But he is really making himself look like a idiot coming out to the ring like that. The Cryme Tyme bit was pretty lame and not really worth the TV time considering the fact that their never on TV lol.

tommy
05-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Edge won the MITB shot tonight, so he can show up at smackdown tomorrow and win the Smackdown title. Vince has no faith in Batista anymore, so this was the best way to get an actual main event wrestler to carry the belt on the B show.

I really hope you are wrong...Edge is one of my favorites, and I don't want him going to smackdown. He would help the show a lot, but I rarely watch smackdown. I mean, it's on friday nights...I'm not sitting at home watching wrestling on friday nights...

Also, if this happens, then when Kennedy comes back, he'll be fueding with Edge on Smackdown and not RAW. I guess we will find out tonight if Edge cashes it in...

boxvic
05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
It sure wasn't the worst Raw of the year... the one in Italy forced me to change the channel back to Star Trek Enterprise within the first 30 minutes.

Platinum_Lies
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
It sure wasn't the worst Raw of the year... the one in Italy forced me to change the channel back to Star Trek Enterprise within the first 30 minutes.

This one was much worse. The Milan RAW wasn't good either but this one took the WWE to a low even WCW couldn't manage.

tommy
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
This definately wasn't the worst raw. There have been at least 3 or 4 other raws this year alone that have sucked more than this last one...

legolas4792
05-09-2007, 12:53 AM
apparently he has a clue since you all will tune in next week anyways

Platinum_Lies
05-09-2007, 03:09 AM
apparently he has a clue since you all will tune in next week anyways

To SD yes. To RAW... NO.

tommy
05-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Why wouldn't you watch Raw? I'm gonna laugh when it's good and you didn't watch it because your upset they had a bad week.

Platinum_Lies
05-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Why wouldn't you watch Raw? I'm gonna laugh when it's good and you didn't watch it because your upset they had a bad week.

I would be surprised if it was good since the focus will be on Khali/Cena.

SD has yet to dissapoint me, although I do wish they would get some storylines going with the great matches. ECW, aside from McMahon has also been enjoyable.

RAW has just become a lame soap opera. Hopefully with Edge, the top heel in the WWE now off RAW, Orton gets his one on one shot and trounces Cena.

tommy
05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Orton's not gonna get a decent shot anytime soon...he shot himself in the foot pretty bad with the Hotel thing. Besides, we should only have one more week until Khali-Cena is over. It would be a much better storyline if Khali was even remotely over with the fans.

Platinum_Lies
05-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Orton's not gonna get a decent shot anytime soon...he shot himself in the foot pretty bad with the Hotel thing. Besides, we should only have one more week until Khali-Cena is over. It would be a much better storyline if Khali was even remotely over with the fans.

But if HBK is going to take a few weeks off and Orton is in the doghouse, than that only leaves Khali for a Cena fued. RAW has really dug itself a hole.