PDA

View Full Version : Huge gain for Smackdown, huge loss for Raw...

tommy
05-09-2007, 03:27 AM
I don't think this is a spoiler, as they've posted it on WWE.com and talked about it on ECW...

It's official, Edge is no longer a RAW superstar. After Undertaker and Batista fought to yet another draw, Mark Henry returned and took out Undertaker. Followed by Edge cashing in his Money in the Bank title shot and WINNING the World Heavyweight Championship.

With the loss of both Undertaker and Kennedy, this makes sense, but still, it's going to be a big hit against RAW. They never even got to fully develop the Edge vs Orton turn. They had them team up, kinda break up, team up again, fight each other, and I guess that was the end of it...no real fued between the two.

WWE.com has also confirmed that Kennedy is out on injury, and I'm sure they'll play up Mark Henry taking out the Undertaker, with Edge's help...

I'm glad Edge is back on top, and since Batista will probalby fued with Mark Henry now, he may be there for a while, but I'm disapointed it's on the b-show that I rarely get to watch...

Thoughts?

legolas4792
05-09-2007, 03:59 AM
This is a big gain for smackdown but raw lost one of their precious main eventers all in all i think smackdown needed it more and i think it will give edge an oppurtunity for a long title reignt finally

tommy
05-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Yeah, hopefully till Kennedy gets back.

Platinum_Lies
05-09-2007, 06:45 AM
Smackdown! has been a better show than RAW for months now. Adding Edge, another talented wrestler, only makes that show that much better while hurting RAW even more.

I am just so glad that we finally have a legitimate heel champion (Vince is not a legitimate champion) in the WWE now. And it looks to be a long run for Edge, maybe even to WM to face the returned or returning Deadman.

tommy
05-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Smackdown is no where near RAW, talent wise. RAW had the better talent, and better storylines. Smackdown is always just boring to watch.

I didn't think about Undertaker vs Edge at WM...I was focusing on Kennedy coming back and a Kennedy-Edge fued, but it could be possible for Undertaker to want revenge as well...I wonder how they will work it out.

flamesoffury
05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't think this is a spoiler, as they've posted it on WWE.com and talked about it on ECW...

It's official, Edge is no longer a RAW superstar. After Undertaker and Batista fought to yet another draw, Mark Henry returned and took out Undertaker. Followed by Edge cashing in his Money in the Bank title shot and WINNING the World Heavyweight Championship.

that is still a spoiler because many of us dont go to wwe.com or watch ecw.. so dont spoil it for others.

With the loss of both Undertaker and Kennedy, this makes sense, but still, it's going to be a big hit against RAW. They never even got to fully develop the Edge vs Orton turn. They had them team up, kinda break up, team up again, fight each other, and I guess that was the end of it...no real fued between the two.
they never really finish any feud and orton is in deep shit, so who really wanted to see that anyways? not vince.

WWE.com has also confirmed that Kennedy is out on injury, and I'm sure they'll play up Mark Henry taking out the Undertaker, with Edge's help...

I'm glad Edge is back on top, and since Batista will probalby fued with Mark Henry now, he may be there for a while, but I'm disapointed it's on the b-show that I rarely get to watch...

Thoughts?

smackdown the b show? wow, you got a lot to learn kid. smackdown has been much better then raw for many months now. just because raw gets higher ratings doesnt mean it's actually better. if smackdown were live, people would be forced to watch it instead of just reading the spoilers and not watching it.

yankeesman77
05-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Smackdown has been the best wwe show for close to a year now and that is because the emergence of solid wrestling from people like Kendrick/London, Ken Kennedy, MVP, Finlay, King Booker had even stepped up his game. The wrestling style and overall booking style is alot different when you compare Raw and Smackdown because on Smackdown you will actually get solid wrestling from your lower divisions like your mid cards and cruiserweight division where as Raw is pretty much based entertainment wise and you'll get limitied Wrestling value in the HBK's, Orton's, Hardies and other but both are very good valueable brands in my opinion. My opinion, Smackdown is the best show out of the WWE/TNA and even ROH because you have quality leadership, people who know how to work, and roles that make people look effective when given the opportunity.

tommy
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
that is still a spoiler because many of us dont go to wwe.com or watch ecw.. so dont spoil it for others.

If WWE announces it, it is no longer a spoiler. You are supposed to know now, not wait till Friday.

they never really finish any feud and orton is in deep shit, so who really wanted to see that anyways? not vince.

What are you talking about, they usually have one match that finishes the fueds. Someone is beaten for the last time and it diffuses the situation. Example: Edge and Cena in a steel cage ended their fued. While the Edge and Orton match could be seen as that, it just seems wierd that they would only one singles match between the two.

smackdown the b show? wow, you got a lot to learn kid. smackdown has been much better then raw for many months now. just because raw gets higher ratings doesnt mean it's actually better. if smackdown were live, people would be forced to watch it instead of just reading the spoilers and not watching it.

When all the people behind the scenes consider smackdown the b-show, and when all the fans don't even tune in, it IS the b-show. Even if smackdown was live, the ratings wouldn't change. Granted, it's not all smackdown's fault. They do have good matches (but horrible build ups and a big lack of storylines), but one huge thing against it is that it is on FRIDAY NIGHT. The majority of people wouldn't come home at 8pm on a friday to watch wrestling.

Until things change, Smackdown is the b-show. Just because you like it better doesn't change that.

flamesoffury
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
If WWE announces it, it is no longer a spoiler. You are supposed to know now, not wait till Friday.

i know how these things work.. you can't post anything related to smackdown even if it is on wwe.com until smackdown actually passes. like i said in my previous post.. not many of us read the spoilers or go to wwe.com. so dont ruin it for us.

What are you talking about, they usually have one match that finishes the fueds. Someone is beaten for the last time and it diffuses the situation. Example: Edge and Cena in a steel cage ended their fued. While the Edge and Orton match could be seen as that, it just seems wierd that they would only one singles match between the two.

edge and orton's feud was cut short because it wasn't a great feud.. it's something to the line of cm punk/new breed storyline except there is no faction with edge or orton.

When all the people behind the scenes consider smackdown the b-show, and when all the fans don't even tune in, it IS the b-show. Even if smackdown was live, the ratings wouldn't change. Granted, it's not all smackdown's fault. They do have good matches (but horrible build ups and a big lack of storylines), but one huge thing against it is that it is on FRIDAY NIGHT. The majority of people wouldn't come home at 8pm on a friday to watch wrestling.

how long have you been watching wrestling? raw? and smackdown? just out of curiosity.. i cant make my point unless i know how long you've been watching smackdown if you have been watching it.. september 13,2001.. the very first and one of the only few LIVE smackdown shows.. that show by itself, got a 4.0+ rating because it was live.. nobody knew what was gonna happen with the sudden change. that's a HUGE difference to the 2.5+ they're getting now. and i do agree with you, since the move to friday night, they lose viewers cause friday night is when everyone goes out.

Until things change, Smackdown is the b-show. Just because you like it better doesn't change that.
i dont like smackdown better... i'm forced with smackdown and i have to download raw. dude, i'm the king of wrestling streams.. i provided many ppv streams last year cause it was my job.. even though i cant watch raw live.. i do still watch it. imo, smackdown and raw are about equal maybe smackdown a little better.. i am not biased for smackdown. facts are facts. if any show is the b show.. it's ecw. ecw is FAR below smackdown and raw. and what is sad, is that raw has the better time/day then smackdown.. and they have much more star power then raw.. and yet, somehow, smackdown can hold its own. so raw is not the a show.

bad_meetz_evil
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Have any better ideas, than sending a wrestler to Smackdown, since they are lacking in main eventers? Besides, I'd rather see the brands balanced out then having an A/B show. Although I wonder now who Edge will fued with?

legolas4792
05-09-2007, 08:59 PM
they announced it on ecw flamesoffury they wanted the fans to know so they will tune in to see it happen

tommy
05-09-2007, 10:10 PM
i know how these things work.. you can't post anything related to smackdown even if it is on wwe.com until smackdown actually passes. like i said in my previous post.. not many of us read the spoilers or go to wwe.com. so dont ruin it for us.

Like Legolas said, it was announced on ECW that there was a new champion. That is not internet, that is the WWE tv show saying what happend in WWE.

edge and orton's feud was cut short because it wasn't a great feud.. it's something to the line of cm punk/new breed storyline except there is no faction with edge or orton.

I loved the tension between Edge and Orton, and that match they had was one of the best I've seen. The CM Punk storyling wasn't cut short because it wasn't good, it was cut short because, with Vince winning the title, they needed the originals to fued with Vince. They were left to choice between having Punk turn sooner than they wanted or having the New Breed just sit there and stew with no one to fued with.

how long have you been watching wrestling? raw? and smackdown? just out of curiosity.. i cant make my point unless i know how long you've been watching smackdown if you have been watching it.. september 13,2001.. the very first and one of the only few LIVE smackdown shows.. that show by itself, got a 4.0+ rating because it was live.. nobody knew what was gonna happen with the sudden change. that's a HUGE difference to the 2.5+ they're getting now. and i do agree with you, since the move to friday night, they lose viewers cause friday night is when everyone goes out.

I haven't been watching for that long...I admit it. A little over a year now. I know about a lot of the older stuff though...and, yes, the debut of the show, which was live, got a huge rating. It was the start of a new show, with the Rock telling everyone to tune in. Smackdown also used to be the best, as I hear, but now RAW is better than smackdown, IMO.

i dont like smackdown better... i'm forced with smackdown and i have to download raw. dude, i'm the king of wrestling streams.. i provided many ppv streams last year cause it was my job.. even though i cant watch raw live.. i do still watch it. imo, smackdown and raw are about equal maybe smackdown a little better.. i am not biased for smackdown. facts are facts. if any show is the b show.. it's ecw. ecw is FAR below smackdown and raw. and what is sad, is that raw has the better time/day then smackdown.. and they have much more star power then raw.. and yet, somehow, smackdown can hold its own. so raw is not the a show.

I was just saying that, as I see it and how all the news that comes from backstage confirms, RAW is generally considered to be the a-show.