PDA

View Full Version : DeGeneres sweeps Daytime Emmys

OMEN
04-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Los Angeles - Comedian Ellen DeGeneres swept the talk show awards at the Daytime Emmys in Los Angeles for a second consecutive year on Friday.

Soap opera General Hospital won a record ninth award for best daytime drama.

DeGeneres won awards for best talk show and best talk show host at the 33rd annual Daytime Emmys.

One of the most prominent gay performers on American television, DeGeneres took the opportunity to publicly thank her lover, Portia de Rossi.

"Portia I love you," she said. Backstage she said she was glad to declare her feelings publicly - something she did not do last year when she won the same awards.

"I feel lucky that I found something I am comfortable with," DeGeneres said of her show, although she said she would consider doing a late night talk show.

As for hosting the Oscars, DeGeneres said no, adding, "It is a thankless job."

'I have been cloned'

General Hospital won awards for best daytime drama, best actor for Anthony Geary and best directing team.

Rival Guiding Light won four awards for acting, including an award for best actress for Kim Zimmer.

Zimmer is a veteran of the show, who this year went though a series on menopause before the show's writers had her fall down an elevator shaft.

"I have been cloned. I have been time travelled and stuck on a desert island with a hunky island man," said Zimmer, speaking of things she has done on the show.

Sesame Street won its 25th award for outstanding pre-school children's series.

Barbara Walters used the occasion to announce that former daytime talk show host, Rosie O'Donnell, would co-host The View. She is replacing Meredith Vieira, who will become co-host of NBC's Today Show.

http://www.news24.com/Images/Source_Images/reuters.gif

Metalring
05-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I forgot that it was even on.I would have seen it.