PDA

View Full Version : RVD Done With WWE After One Night Stand; The Full Story On His Departure

Dangerous Incorporated
05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As things currently stand, Rob Van Dam will be finished with WWE after the One Night Stand pay-per-view on June 3rd in Jacksonville, Florida. While WWE Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis was told to re-sign RVD and made an effort to do so, negotiations have ended, and RVD will be leaving the company.

Bad blood has brewing between Laurinaitis and RVD since Laurinaitis was going over the new company policy that talent could not leave the arena on TV days due to the fact that Sylvan Grenier got a speeding ticket after rushing back to the arena after leaving to go to the gym. During the meeting, RVD sarcastically asked the question if they could go to the gym in the morning before the shows.

Perhaps the breaking point in Van Dam’s relationship with WWE occurred after he learned of the re-forming of ECW and asked to get off of the RAW brand to head the resurrection of ECW and what really happened after that. Also, RVD had asked for time off after signing, citing how WWE offered Big Show a deal where he’d be paid for merchandising rights without having to work for a year. People within WWE felt that to be a dangerous precedent and refused to add that stipulation to his contract.

RVD felt that WWE had limited what he can do in the ring and refused to push him in comparison to Bobby Lashley, when Van Dam felt like he was over way more than Lashley. While RVD’s WWE finale will be before his contract actually expires, he’ll be paid until the end of his contract, but will be off of television to prevent him from working with TNA fresh off his stint with WWE.

At this point RVD is looking at working a limited schedule and make some money from special appearances and autograph signings. RVD also wants to take some time to spend with his wife, whom he has said to love to death, and hates being away from.

I know a few other people have state this before me but I hope RVD goes to the Indy's for a bit rather than go to TNA. ROH might be the go.

XXKSXX
05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
If he leaves he will end up in TNA just like all the rest.

Butoden
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
At least he isn't in it for the money, but for the passion and he doesn't wanna be limited in his matches. I still wonder what he will name himself from now on since everyone knows RVD...

tommy
05-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Does the WWE have rights to the name "Rob van dam" and "RVD"?

Platinum_Lies
05-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Why can't the WWE keep its stars happy? More and more it sounds like the WCW locker-room in the back now. What has happened to the company?

whoblehwah
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I think he'll probably not even wrestle for a while, seeing as he said he wants time off. I do hope he doesn't go to TNA though. TNA has been a crapfest for months now. The stories suck, the matches are rushed, and every week before a PPV, the announce the card, leaving no room for good build-up. ROH is definatly better.

legolas4792
05-10-2007, 11:37 PM
wwe tryed to make rvd happy but his demands were way too high Platinum

Butoden
05-11-2007, 01:07 AM
RVD is gonna take some time off and he's going to go to TNA.

TNA is growing and RVD knows it. When they get two hours it might be a good time to start talking to them, that's Fall 2007 boys. That's right. Expect RVD in TNA by '08!

tommy
05-11-2007, 03:09 AM
Disapointing, but I guess there's nothing we can do to stop it.

The bad part is I am right near Jacksonville, but I'm going to visit family and can't see One Night Stand and RVD's last WWE apperance.

Platinum_Lies
05-11-2007, 03:20 AM
wwe tryed to make rvd happy but his demands were way too high Platinum

Burying ECW, pushing Lashley without good reason, putting the ECW belt around McMahon, and really giving very little chance for ECW to regain any of its former glory... that doesn't seem to be trying to make RVD happy.

Add to this the discontent with some of the younger talent, especially after WM snubs, and the inability by the WWE to adequately push anyone but their big stars and this is very much like WCW.

wrestlefreak36
05-12-2007, 07:51 PM
i want rvd to go to tna i want another classic rvd- jerry lynn match