PDA

View Full Version : Latest on the NWA/TNA Split, Tons o' Other News

Flair Country
05-11-2007, 06:03 PM
TNA recently received their new TNA championship and Tag Team championship title belts, so I would expect the change from the NWA championships to go down soon, possibly even this weekend at Sacrifice. They've also ordered a new X-Division championship belt as well. It's most likely the company will just drop the use of the NWA names and send their titleholders out with new belts. The National Wrestling Alliance is planning a tournament that will be spread out over several events this summer, culminating in August or September. The most prominent talk has been that Bryan Danielson would end up with the NWA championship with names like Brent Albright and Claudio Castagnoli also bandied about of late. One immediate positive to the change is that TNA would now be able to license replicas of their World championship belts to be sold at retail, something WWE makes a ton of money on. The deal with the NWA prevented that.

Former WWE stars The Basham Brothers, using their old ring names of Basham and Damaja debuted on Impact last night on TNA as Christy Hemme's mystery team to feud with the Voodoo Kin Mafia.

NWA champion (for now anyway) Christian Cage was featured in the Los Angeles Times today, discussing the night Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson in Japan and how shocking it was. Cage isn't exaggerating. I remember learning the next morning and being completely shocked since Tyson was a monster at that point in his career. You can check out Cage's memories at this link.

Alex Marvez interviewed Jackie Moore about losing her front teeth in the recent Streetfight with Gail Kim on Impact in his syndicated wrestling column this week. "Instead of freaking out, I kind of looked down and saw my teeth on the mat. I just continued to wrestle instead of rolling out of the ring and saying I can't continue." Moore received a root canal due to nerve damage as well as dental implants. She'll be at Sacrifice this Sunday but not wrestling. You can read the entire interview, which also features Moore discussing her training and being the first African-American WWE Women's champion at this link.

The latest TNA PPV autograph special features signed photos of Sting, Kurt Angle and Christian Cage as well as T-shirts for all three, the Final Resolution 2007 DVD and the Sting DVD TNA produced last year for $59.99 at www.ShopTNA.com.

Eric Young, Ms. Brooks, James Storm, and Jeff Jarrett will be appearing at a TNA Impact viewing party this Thursday 5/17 in Nashville's Buffalo Billiards For more information visit www.buffalobilliards.com/nashville.

Jay Lethal and Brother Runt will be appearing tomorrow at a charity event promoted by Big Time Wrestling at the Springfield, MA Boys and Girls Club. For more information, visit www.btwspringfield.com.

The TNA Road to Sacrifice special airs tomorrow at midnight on SpikeTV.

PWInsider

legolas4792
05-11-2007, 10:45 PM
i wonder what the new belts look like