PDA

View Full Version : Cena Holding Title Longer Than Bret Hart

Dangerous Incorporated
05-13-2007, 01:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_WWE_Champions_by_combined_length

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned and I apologise if it has but John Cena is just 5 days away from passing Bret Hart as #5 on the list of top WWE champions by combined reign length. This is complete BS and a disgrace to the WWE heritage if you ask me.

The death threats should be coming in any day now lol

tommy
05-13-2007, 02:02 AM
I completely disagree with you. It is different times. Bret was in it when there were a lot of greats in the business, while Cena is in it when top WWE talent is in a slight drought. I'm not saying there aren't other top people...there are...but few are worthy of holding the belt. There was Batista (at one point), but he was always on a different brand, Undertaker who never went after a title while Cena was around, Benoit was on a different brand...

The only people who Cena has taken down that were legitimately better than him were Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels (who may still beat him), and Triple H. Maybe Edge, but Edge did beat him. There were good reasons for almost all of those: Chris Jericho was taking a break, Triple H was getting ready to go back into DX, Shawn Michaels could still win it and they want a good fued beforehand...the only one I'm not sure of is Kurt Angle.

Cena will lose the title and keep it off him in good time, but I don't hold it against the WWE for this.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-13-2007, 02:25 AM
Its a disgrace because Vince picked Cena to be his champ and is forced down our throat. He's a manufactured Champion that @ least 80% of WWE's fan base hates based on that fact. He's only holding the title because he has the image NOT because he deserves it. Back to Superman's title reign.......

tommy
05-13-2007, 03:39 AM
Its a disgrace because Vince picked Cena to be his champ and is forced down our throat. He's a manufactured Champion that @ least 80% of WWE's fan base hates based on that fact. He's only holding the title because he has the image NOT because he deserves it. Back to Superman's title reign.......

Only the internet wrestling fans hate him, not all the people. While he is booed some times, he is also cheered a whole lot too.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-13-2007, 04:35 AM
:lmao: You're funny. 80% of the audience boos him. Its only the 20% of girls and 10 yr old boys who like him (who sound like girls). How can you honestly say to me that he gets booed sometimes. He gets booed ALL the time. IWC has the internet to voice our disgrace. Its the same people attending those shows booing him out of the building. Even Cena admits in promos that he's not popular (although he'd be stupid to say otherwise with all those people booing him). Even when a heel is "throwing punches", the heel will get face pops and Cena gets booed big time. This is all common knowledge so Im surprised by your preposterous and laughable comment.

Notorious Cow
05-13-2007, 05:18 AM
well to me i dont think cena is a disgrace to the wwe, i mean give Cena credit where its due cena listened when all the fans told him he couldnt wrestle and put on a great "wrestling " match w/ HBK not once but twice in what could arguable be called two of the greatest matches in the past few years.

tommy
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
:lmao: You're funny. 80% of the audience boos him. Its only the 20% of girls and 10 yr old boys who like him (who sound like girls). How can you honestly say to me that he gets booed sometimes. He gets booed ALL the time. IWC has the internet to voice our disgrace. Its the same people attending those shows booing him out of the building. Even Cena admits in promos that he's not popular (although he'd be stupid to say otherwise with all those people booing him). Even when a heel is "throwing punches", the heel will get face pops and Cena gets booed big time. This is all common knowledge so Im surprised by your preposterous and laughable comment.

See, there is no argueing with someone like you. Your have it set in your mind that this is the way it is, and nothing will change that. How bout next time you watch Raw, you actually listen and you'll see that it is definately not 80 percent. Fifty-fifty, MAYBE a little bit more than that, but Cena does get cheers too. After Backlash, when it started off just him, all cheers. When it was the HBK fight, he got cheers as well (I remember cause I was so shocked). Not to menction not a single person jeered him with Khali attacked (who would though...).

legolas4792
05-13-2007, 08:18 PM
i agree with tommy yeah alot of people dont like cena but alot of people like him too and i dont think it will take anything away from bret hart if cena held the title longer combined

Phenomenal One
05-13-2007, 08:58 PM
well, i am a big cena fan, i have been ever since his debut in the wwe. i have been through forums where 99% of the ppl hated cena, i just learn to deal with it, all i care about is that i like him and i just learn to ignore other ppls comments about him, but saying he gets booed all the time is wrong because there have been quite a few cheers for him in the past weeks. as a cena fan, i do say he has held the belt for to long now and should give it up to someone like HBK, who is getting toward the end of his career and deserves another good title run.

Will
05-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Cena is probably booed by about 30% of the fans at most and its not even that bad today compared to what it was last year. All of the Anti Cena marks need to step back and remember that this isn't a legitimate sport where the best always win, its a business and the fact of the matter is that Cena is a huge draw that puts asses in the seats and merchandise on peoples backs.If 80% of people were booing him than Vince would have turned him heel and they would be in the process of giving him this same monster push except as a heel. As for the hart thing, Bret was one of the most over rated wrestlers ever. In the grand scheme of things he was only slightly above average and he was only even given the title because Vince was going through the Steroid problems so he wanted to put the belt on a more average size person and Bret was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Platinum_Lies
05-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I have been to a lot of live events over the last two years and each one the booing was louder in the stadium than the cheering. But each time I would then watch the event on TV (if it was), then the cheering for some reason came out better.

It also depends on how many female and kid fans are at a particular arena. Cheering increases as those demographics increase. When you get to places like Phili with a near all male crowd, there is almost no cheering.

Overall (world wide audience) the split is at best 70/30 AGAINST Cena. Most of the overseas markets seem to detest the guy and only the western US seems to "overwhelmingly" support him.

-[ICON]-
05-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Well I'm not a big fan of Cena anymore, I was until his second Title reign but even I will admit he has improved drastically, but its far from the Nov03-Sept05 Cena, watch his "I QUIT" match and a match now, he pulls off so many more moves than now.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-13-2007, 11:58 PM
See, there is no argueing with someone like you. Your have it set in your mind that this is the way it is, and nothing will change that. How bout next time you watch Raw, you actually listen and you'll see that it is definately not 80 percent. Fifty-fifty, MAYBE a little bit more than that, but Cena does get cheers too. After Backlash, when it started off just him, all cheers. When it was the HBK fight, he got cheers as well (I remember cause I was so shocked). Not to menction not a single person jeered him with Khali attacked (who would though...).

Yes you see theres no way your gonna change my mindset that Championship reigns should be about T-shirt sales which they currently are. Cena is manufactured like most of today's music which I dont like either, why? Cuz its forced down my throat that I HAVE to like it and only children are succeptable to that sort of attitude IMO.

I lhear RAW through my surround system which clearly pumps through the boos. I dont know wether you watch RAW with the sound down and play your crowd noise but you only hear the cheers cuz the females and kids have high pitched screams which can drown oout the low rumnled boo.

Bottom line is Cena has only held the title for this long for T-shirts. The others did it for other reasons, the merchandise was a bonus now its having a fan base that is the bonus. Pathetic.

Cage21
05-14-2007, 06:07 PM
As a wrestling fan, this kills me a little bit inside

whoblehwah
05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Yes you see theres no way your gonna change my mindset that Championship reigns should be about T-shirt sales which they currently are. Cena is manufactured like most of today's music which I dont like either, why? Cuz its forced down my throat that I HAVE to like it and only children are succeptable to that sort of attitude IMO.

I lhear RAW through my surround system which clearly pumps through the boos. I dont know wether you watch RAW with the sound down and play your crowd noise but you only hear the cheers cuz the females and kids have high pitched screams which can drown oout the low rumnled boo.

Bottom line is Cena has only held the title for this long for T-shirts. The others did it for other reasons, the merchandise was a bonus now its having a fan base that is the bonus. Pathetic.

Ok, seriously, get real. I HATE Cena but I do know that when he comes out he gets a lot of cheers and boos. I remember when I went to a WWE supershow. Before the show ever started, a really loud "Cena Sucks" chant started up, but when Cena came out, the boos got drowned out by cheers. I do think he still needs to work on wrestling though. His matches with Shawn weren't that great at all.

Note: I'm not one of those people who hate Cena cause "it's cool", I just don't like his wrestling ability. I think Shelton Benjamin is way better.

tommy
05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I think that Cena has been showing his true potential in his matches with HBK, and if these two continue, Cena will slowly rise to the top of the RAW locker room, like the WWE have been trying to say he is anyway.

flamesoffury
05-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok, seriously, get real. I HATE Cena but I do know that when he comes out he gets a lot of cheers and boos. I remember when I went to a WWE supershow. Before the show ever started, a really loud "Cena Sucks" chant started up, but when Cena came out, the boos got drowned out by cheers. I do think he still needs to work on wrestling though. His matches with Shawn weren't that great at all.

Note: I'm not one of those people who hate Cena cause "it's cool", I just don't like his wrestling ability. I think Shelton Benjamin is way better.

shelton benjamin has no charisma(he's too serious) and no character.. cena does. imo, cena came at the right time for him. there aren't many serious contenders for the championship COMPARED TO when bret hart was around. That is one of the reasons why he has more chances then bret did.

Cage21
05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry but personally, skills > charisma.

tommy
05-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry but personally, skills > charisma.

True, but you still have to have some charisma, you can't be a complete bore. And, if you wanna go skills, Shelton botches at least one more per fight consistantly, Cena (although you may throw out that he doesn't have as many moves), doesn't botch them as much, if at all.

Platinum_Lies
05-15-2007, 01:03 AM
True, but you still have to have some charisma, you can't be a complete bore. And, if you wanna go skills, Shelton botches at least one more per fight consistantly, Cena (although you may throw out that he doesn't have as many moves), doesn't botch them as much, if at all.

Usually Shelton may screw up one of the high risk top rope leap maneuvers (hence the term high risk), but he rarely screws up the basic moves. If Cena screwed up once with his moveset it would be ridiculous. He has so few moves that he damn well better know each by heart and be able to do them ASLEEP.

Will
05-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Usually Shelton may screw up one of the high risk top rope leap maneuvers (hence the term high risk), but he rarely screws up the basic moves. If Cena screwed up once with his moveset it would be ridiculous. He has so few moves that he damn well better know each by heart and be able to do them ASLEEP.

Benjamin doesn't have a single move in his repertoire that would be considered high risk in any company outside of the watered down low risk WWE. If you think that his moves are high risk, then you seriously need to get your hands on some stuff from AAA in Mexico or NJPW in Japan or any of a thousand different indy promotions.

tommy
05-15-2007, 06:12 PM

So...where were those 80% anti-Cena fans last night? All I heard was cheering non-stop, and apperently in the dark match last night he got a huge pop as well...

Just saying, feel free to admit that you are wrong anytime.

Platinum_Lies
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
So...where were those 80% anti-Cena fans last night? All I heard was cheering non-stop, and apperently in the dark match last night he got a huge pop as well...

Just saying, feel free to admit that you are wrong anytime.

... I taped RAW last night instead of watching it live (glad I did too, boring boring RAW). Wrestling is an addiction I swear...

But the audience had a lot of females and kids, but still I heard the low drone of boos and each time a group tried the "Cena" chant it would die in mere seconds.

Loved the Khali stealing "come get some", why are we getting Orton/HBK (10 minutes of buildup, wow), JR and King sucking up the commentary (the parts I heard), and an overall numb RAW. I tried to not fast foward, but I just could not do it. There were long stretches of nothing last night.

tommy
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
... I taped RAW last night instead of watching it live (glad I did too, boring boring RAW). Wrestling is an addiction I swear...

But the audience had a lot of females and kids, but still I heard the low drone of boos and each time a group tried the "Cena" chant it would die in mere seconds.

Loved the Khali stealing "come get some", why are we getting Orton/HBK (10 minutes of buildup, wow), JR and King sucking up the commentary (the parts I heard), and an overall numb RAW. I tried to not fast foward, but I just could not do it. There were long stretches of nothing last night.

I thought you weren't gonna watch this week's RAW at all? That's what you said when you were ranting about last week...

I figure they put on Orton vs HBK because they needed another really good match to fill Judgement Day. And, although it may seem that there was no build up, RKO and HBK have been fueding for months, and they DID fight each other at the last PPV.

Platinum_Lies
05-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I thought you weren't gonna watch this week's RAW at all? That's what you said when you were ranting about last week...

I figure they put on Orton vs HBK because they needed another really good match to fill Judgement Day. And, although it may seem that there was no build up, RKO and HBK have been fueding for months, and they DID fight each other at the last PPV.

Yeah, but about 2 minutes in I started to mentally breakdown and break into cold sweats... wrestling is an addiction. Need a 12 step rehab.

Orton/HBK was just thrown onto the card 6 days before JD and aside from a possible #1 contender stipulation, there really is nothing to the match, even after the beatdown.

tommy
05-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I get the addiction thing...

I think, regardelss of the build up, it'll be a great match.

Platinum_Lies
05-16-2007, 02:06 AM
I get the addiction thing...

I think, regardelss of the build up, it'll be a great match.

I just want a balance between great wrestling and great storylines. I am tired of the two being pretty much exclusive.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-16-2007, 02:34 AM
I watched it and I still heard the boos and girls cheering however...this maybe why Cena is vsing Khali as most people would be more inclined to be him than Cena. See in any other circumstances, Cena is vs a supposed heel who does a good job of being a heel which us as fans appreciate (HHH, Edge, Orton) and would in turn rather cheer that heel instead of cheer the face Cena who is seen as a phony to the majority of the IWC. But when you put Cena against this giant who cant wrestle to save his life, is boring with 3 moves (much like Cena!) cant speak a lick of english and is a unstoppable monster that Vince realises that even the IWC hates Khali more than Cena making Cena more of a fan favourite than usual.

tommy
05-16-2007, 03:03 AM
I watched it and I still heard the boos and girls cheering however...this maybe why Cena is vsing Khali as most people would be more inclined to be him than Cena. See in any other circumstances, Cena is vs a supposed heel who does a good job of being a heel which us as fans appreciate (HHH, Edge, Orton) and would in turn rather cheer that heel instead of cheer the face Cena who is seen as a phony to the majority of the IWC. But when you put Cena against this giant who cant wrestle to save his life, is boring with 3 moves (much like Cena!) cant speak a lick of english and is a unstoppable monster that Vince realises that even the IWC hates Khali more than Cena making Cena more of a fan favourite than usual.

The IWC is a joke. A bunch of now-it-alls that only bitch and moan about everything. Yes, I know, I'm part of it, but that's just cause most of my friends don't like wrestling...

Khali can speak english though. Go watch the remake of "The Longest Yard".

Dangerous Incorporated
05-16-2007, 08:12 AM
The IWC is a joke. A bunch of now-it-alls that only bitch and moan about everything. Yes, I know, I'm part of it, but that's just cause most of my friends don't like wrestling...

Khali can speak english though. Go watch the remake of "The Longest Yard".

Doesnt matter what Khali can do in the movies, I know he can speak English but's what he does in the WWE that counts. His character doesnt speak hence the translator who was holding on to Khali's arm like he was his lover or something for some reason.

And the IWC are also the same ones attending these shows. We're just more vocal than the horny females or the confused an extremely influential little boys.

Now I hear that Snitzky is coming to RAW to vs Cena for the title which again fits into my theory of WWE having Cena vs wrestlers who will get booed over Cena. Although this runs the risk of boring chants and also makes Cena look more invincible. Kane couldnt beat Khali @ WM and yet Cena probably will @ JD? Ridiculous.

tommy
05-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I am 95% sure Snitsky will not come to RAW, regardless of the rumors.

Sensational Sarah
05-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Well sadlyu WWE isn't about wrestling, it's whoever sells the most tickets. Shelton is great but remember while he was getting his push? No fan reaction...ofcourse that was WWE's fault for not giving him a personality.

Will
05-17-2007, 12:31 AM
How can you give someone a personality? Either they possess the ability to talk well in front of crowds or they don't, and Benjamin doesn't.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-17-2007, 02:43 AM
I am 95% sure Snitsky will not come to RAW, regardless of the rumors.

Really? Didnt you watch RAW that had the Snitzky promo with Lawler saying, "So does that mean that Snitzky's coming here to RAW?", with JR saying it could be. Thats from WWE themselves and it would seem strange that Lawler would go out of his way to say that Snitzky's coming to RAW when he coulda said something like, "I'm glad that montser moved to ECW".

tommy
05-17-2007, 04:59 AM
Really? Didnt you watch RAW that had the Snitzky promo with Lawler saying, "So does that mean that Snitzky's coming here to RAW?", with JR saying it could be. Thats from WWE themselves and it would seem strange that Lawler would go out of his way to say that Snitzky's coming to RAW when he coulda said something like, "I'm glad that montser moved to ECW".

They also show that promo every ECW and every Smackdown. Lawler said it becasue SOMETHING had to be said for the randomness of the promo. People just took it and ran with it, assuming that meant he WAS coming to RAW.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-17-2007, 05:07 AM
They also show that promo every ECW and every Smackdown. Lawler said it becasue SOMETHING had to be said for the randomness of the promo. People just took it and ran with it, assuming that meant he WAS coming to RAW.

Yes but as I already said being as it was random he coulda said that he's glad Snitzky's on ECW but no he asked if he was coming to RAW. Plus they only show that promo on ECW. I dont recall it on SD! ever.

And people didnt just run with it. It was posted in the news a day or 2 before RAW so RAW just seemed to confirm what we were already hearing.
:moonwalk:

The Lost Soul 13
05-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Doesnt matter what Khali can do in the movies, I know he can speak English but's what he does in the WWE that counts. His character doesnt speak hence the translator who was holding on to Khali's arm like he was his lover or something for some reason.

And the IWC are also the same ones attending these shows. We're just more vocal than the horny females or the confused an extremely influential little boys.

Now I hear that Snitzky is coming to RAW to vs Cena for the title which again fits into my theory of WWE having Cena vs wrestlers who will get booed over Cena. Although this runs the risk of boring chants and also makes Cena look more invincible. Kane couldnt beat Khali @ WM and yet Cena probably will @ JD? Ridiculous.
I can't really comment on your first or last paragraph because they are for a fair majority the truth with no gripes from me. However, I have a major, major issue with the middle paragraph. Do you know why the IWC is louder than children and the women? They are selfish and they have to be. Greatest example of the kitchy, I have to be heard mentality, is Madison Square Garden. No, MSG fans aren't necessarily loud because they are the " best " wrestling fans in the world. They are loud because they have to try harder than a man passing a kidney stone to be heard and remembered.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
No the IWC are louder because the majority are male who wish to see decent wrestling, not phonies! Are we selfish because we want decent wrestling and not predictable watered down wrestling? WWE do pull through regularly with decent matches like the HBK vs Cena match that went for an hour a few weeks back. But from what I saw it was mostly HBK making that match look good. Not to say Cena does nothing but HBK has years of ring wisdom under his belt. When a match falls apart, HBK knows what to do where as people like Cena, Orton & Edge look like they dont know what to do and you can tell to.

Vince knows that he wont be able to satisfy everyone but the most important thing for him is the cash and image + push + merchandise = $ which is the bottom line for Vince.

tommy
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes but as I already said being as it was random he coulda said that he's glad Snitzky's on ECW but no he asked if he was coming to RAW. Plus they only show that promo on ECW. I dont recall it on SD! ever.

And people didnt just run with it. It was posted in the news a day or 2 before RAW so RAW just seemed to confirm what we were already hearing.
:moonwalk:

Pay more attention during Smackdown! then. Go back and read the recaps even, cause I garentee you it was there. It was even in the spoilers that they played a snitsky promo last week.

And the news showed up right after RAW, not before. If it was before, it's cause they showed the Snitsky promo on RAW last week as well. Lawler said it because he has no clue why they are showing the promo and he was just trying to explain it. Just because he said "is he coming her?" doesn't mean he's coming.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.