PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk: Anaconda Vice or GTS?

Dangerous Incorporated
05-13-2007, 04:27 AM
I liked the Anaconda Vice but he was doing it way too slow to be believable. In one match against Hardcore Holly, the whole thing looked like a botch fest and Holly made him look stupid. He needs a better finisher, he hasn't made the GTS look believable either. In a few matches he made the move look awful. Perhaps the one time he made it look good was the first match he fought Richards I believe. They had good matches together. Would have loved to have seen a continuing feud between those too. I know management thinks that big stars need impactful finishing moves rather than submissions so they told him to use it but he needs something else IMO. One thing I noticed though is that CM Punk loves using Kenta's moveset.

DEMON
05-13-2007, 05:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him do the "Pepsi Plunge",but I know HHH would never allow his finishing move to be upstaged by a younger wrestler!

yankeesman77
05-13-2007, 05:36 AM
The Pepsi Plunge is a dangerous maneuver when its done from the ropes. Personally, I like The Go To Sleep manuever (Although it needs a more menacing name than that) which is more effective than the Anaconda Vice because atleast if your in the vice then you can kick out of that.

Dangerous Incorporated
05-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Well Cena has a impact move (FU) & submission (STFU) so CM Punk should use the Anaconda Vice too and yeah the name GTS is lame isnt it?

XXKSXX
05-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't mind the GTS but he could use some more work on it.

tommy
05-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I like them both, but I'd prefer him using the Vice more. I haven't seen him use it since he got the GTS. I'd also like to see him do the Welcome To Chicago more...he's done it a few times, but thats it.

legolas4792
05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
its a good move but he messes up the gts alot and i dont like the whole sequence of the anaconda vice either it reminds me of cenas sequence for the fu

i hope he eventually gets a move that suits him perfectly

Butoden
05-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Is this just like Monty Brown's situation or what? They dont let him use the Pounce or they dont call it the Pounce at least and same with CM Punk, they make a move and call it Go To Sleep, I think it sucks =\

apex
05-14-2007, 04:29 AM
Marcus Cor VOn does the pounce and If i rember correctly Taz said oh he did the pounce or something along those lines . Also WWE didnt name the move Go To Sleep, KENTA did it before Punk and he called it go to sleep I think. Here u can see how the Go To Sleep is preformed better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10ndcvZLxM&mode=related&search=

Cage21
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I say Vice only because NO ONE in the E knows how take a GTS. They fall like dead weight instead of to their feet and then falling backwards.

XXKSXX
05-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Punks GTS looks more like a knee lift or something like that. I also think it looks a little different for the fact know one knows how to take it. Like Cage21 said.