PDA

View Full Version : Depping into role

OMEN
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5147069,00.jpg
Mick-a-like? ... Johnny Depp
HE'S got the same smouldering sex appeal and the ability to make females swoon the world over - so it's no surprise Johnny Depp is hot favourite to bring Michael Hutchence to the big screen.
Producers are trying to convince Depp to play the INXS frontman in the biopic, to be shot primarily in Hutchence's home town, Sydney.

Tentatively titled 'Slide Away' - a reference to the duet Hutchence sang with U2's Bono - the film will be helmed by long-time INXS music video director Michael Egan and Hutchence's brother Rhett.

The rock-flick looks set to be an all-Aussie affair, with whispers Naomi Watts and Rachel Griffiths have also been approached to star.

Hutchence's mother, brother and sister were said to be angry at not being consulted over the upcoming production.

"No one has ever made any contact with us about doing a film," said Patricia Glassop, who co-wrote a book on her son's life.

"Are they going to look at his younger days growing up? How would they know anything about that when they weren’t there?" she asked. "I would be interested to know who they are going to cast, and who would play me."

Among the other actors Egan is considering for the role of Hutchence are Hayden Christensen, Eric Bana and a little-known singer-actor from Australia called Michael Piccirilli.

Egan, director of the yet-to-be-released gangster flick Red Light Runners, starring Harvey Keitel and Vinnie Jones, is better known as a rock video director. He has also designed album covers, including the multi-platinum INXS album Kick.

The new biopic is due to go into pre-production in the next three months and is scheduled for release next year.

BangSowbiz

Kellie
05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
All I can say is INTERESTING .... it might work :eek: