PDA

View Full Version : Rare Match Gimmicks

Abhishek_Divekar
05-19-2007, 11:07 AM
1. Football Classic match
Two cages are placed at ringside, inside each of which is locked a manager with a weapon. The key for each cage is fastened to a football. Two teams of wrestlers must try and gain possession of the football and take it over to their manager's cage, use the key to unlock the cage, then use the manager's weapon to attack the other team. To get the ball to the cage, the wrestlers must pass it between themeselves and attack any opposing wrestlers who have possession of the ball. In his autobiography; Mick Foley describes the match as "A fun, fan-inclusive cross between keep away, monkey in the middle, and kill the guy with the ball."

2. Crocodile death match
This is a standard death match, with the added stipulation that the loser must wrestle a crocodile at the completion of the match. An example would be between Mitsuhiro Matsunaga and Shadow WX.

3.Desert death match
The ring is surrounded by cacti. A tank of scorpions is placed in the middle of the ring. The match is won by holding the head of a wrestler in the scorpion tank for ten seconds.

4.Electric Pool match
This was a very dangerous type of match which has only been held once. The ring was placed in a large pool of water, with no ropes on 2 sides of the ring, and exploding barbed wire on the other two sides of the ring. The ring was put on a floating device, then it was surrounded by 4 metal barricades. There was a current running through these 4 barricades (which were essentially small sections of the pool enclosed off from the rest of the pool), enabling the water to "explode" when a wrestler was thrown into one of these barricaded areas. Considering the danger involved in allowing a current to run through water, this match was only used once in FMW in 1994, which was known for its extreme hardcore matches.

5.Piranha death match
A tank of Piranhas is put in the middle of the ring. The ring is surrounded by barbed wire. The match is won by holding the head of a wrestler in the Piranha tank for ten seconds.

6.Taipei death match
Two wrestlers tape their fists and dip them in glue. Their glue-soaked fists are then dipped into shards of broken glass, usually from broken beer bottles, and proceed to fight in a standard match. Most notably at ECW's Hardcore Heaven on July 1, 1995 when brothers Axl and Ian Rotten settled their differences in this match.

7.Unlucky 13
Unlucky 13 is a death match invented by Ian Rotten where, in order to win, a wrestler must staple seven out of thirteen dollar bills to their opponent. The match occured only twice, both included Ian Rotten.

8.The King of the Road match
The King of the Road match was a match held at WCW's 1995 Uncensored pay-per-view. It was contested on the flatbed of a moving semi-trailer truck which drove up to 55 MPH. The participants started the match at the back of the flatbed with the object being to advance to the front of the flatbed to reach a horn. The first wrestler to blow the bullhorn won the match. Currently, this is the only match of its kind.

9.The electric cage match

These seems the most stupid part in wrestling...............................

wm22champ
05-21-2007, 03:41 PM
well, the piranha death match was held in WSX, but alot of people didn't get to see that with MTV cancelling the show.
and sthe electric steel cage match was used in TNA this year. and we all know how that went.
which is why the best way to go is a pure, long, technical, wrestling match.

Garden State Saint
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I've seen an Unlucky 13 match that didn't have Ian Rotten.

What about the Kennel From Hell match? :lmao:

Adam_Copeland22
05-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Wat bout the Texas bullrope match & the Punjabi Prison match or the Last Rites match????

tommy
05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
A good one I remember was a handicap 2 on 3 Texas Tornado Championship match last year. It was Cena and RVD, with the WWE and Intercontinental belts up respectively, against Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, and someone else. Whoever pinned the champion would win that belt. They should do that fight again...

Anti-Cena
05-24-2007, 07:36 PM
May I ask how in the hell they faked the Pirahana Death Match......??

Role Model
05-24-2007, 08:01 PM
I've been watching WWE for quite some time and never have watched any of these matches take place but I wish I woudl have because they seem very interesting...especially the Pirahana Death Match.

I would like to see more of these matches go down in the WWE now a days because some of those matches would do great with some of the talent the WWE has brought up and would make it 10x better then a singles match every week.