PDA

View Full Version : Should WWE end the brand extension?

Abhishek_Divekar
05-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I really don't think WWE should end it. WWE has made more profit off of this than the pre-draft times. As HWarrior put it, we do get to see more wrestlers on the shows and as a result those wrestlers can get more exposed to the TV time. Without this brand extension, pretty much all the younger guys would get buried by the more "important" guys as far as TV time is concerned.

If WWE were to end this extention, they should of ended it within 6 months of it's existence. Now, it simply too late for WWE to take such a drastic step. WWE just would lose too much momentium if they were to get rid of the brand extention now.

XXKSXX
05-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I really don't care if they do or don't. It's really not to big of a issue with me.

acurisur
05-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes they should. WWE's highest ratings were pre-brand extension. Yes, you see more wrestlers, but what you see is more mediocre wrestlers. You spread the top talent too thinly. You have THREE world titles, which undermines the importance of winning one of them. You limit what feuds you can create. The wrestlers have to work more shows, which in turn increases the risk of them being injured. DO I REALLY NEED TO GO ON?

ClayMation
05-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree with acurisur...winning a title would mean so much more if the shows were morphed back into one. I know that would bury some of the superstars...but maybe WWE should look to go three hours. That would help some of the talent to get thier deserved TV time. Bring back the classic WWE World Title (or the Undisputed title) and bring back some status to being "the champ"

BigAl147
05-21-2007, 04:01 PM
The brand extension only came about because WWE had loads of established names after WCW and ECW died and they couldnt fit them onto one show. Now with their roster looking pretty thin they should amalgamate the brands. ECW is screwed now anyway and only exists to push Lashley further and Smackdown is viewed as the B show. I say end this brand thing now

Big Evil
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I say end the brand extension and keep only RAW and Smackdown. This way, the somewhat smaller roster will be able to take advantage of being able to be on two shows a week. The feuds will get better, and more opportunities would arise. The championships could condense in the World and tag team areas, and we would overall have a better quality show. This thing needs to end because as of right now, the WWE is running PPV's with members from each show! That seems to be a pretty big stepping stone right there!

legolas4792
05-21-2007, 10:50 PM
i am fine with all shows but admit that ecw is weak and smackdown doesnt get the attention it deserves since its the best of the three

flamesoffury
05-21-2007, 11:16 PM
yes.. smackdown is in desperate need of main event stars and raw is in need of main event faces.. might as well combine both brands to make one super brand.. get 3 hour shows instead of 2 hours :moonwalk:

Anti-Cena
05-22-2007, 01:26 AM
For me it doesn't really matter.....I'll take what I get

hbkizbest
05-23-2007, 05:05 PM
I hope WWE Shold not end the brand extension.