PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Says Riddick 2 is in the Works

Stunner
05-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Riddick fans, listen up. At an interview for Vin Diesel's up coming film Find me Guilty he reluctantly gave up some info about a possible sequel to The Chronicles of Riddick.

The ever so accommodating and entertaining Diesel was rather amusing and answered all of our questions without hesitation until I asked about "Riddick." Oops, guess I unknowingly touched a nerve. Sorry about that Vin. But, he was very gracious and finally talked about it but only after he put his head in hands and sighed for a couple of minutes.

"My God. You know, now that you said that... I haven't... Right before I did 'Riddick,' I would look in the mirror and I'd see two blue eyes staring back at me. So I haven't seen that for a while. [laughs] But it's coming. It took me five years to make 'The Chronicles of Riddick,' and [I'm] very precious about it. It went through many, many, many writers. Hopefully it won't take five years for the next one. But when I was in the process of creating this mythology for 'Chronicles of Riddick,' the idea was to create a story, a trilogy, that would start at the end of 'Pitch Black' in the same way that 'Lord of the Rings' is a trilogy that starts at the end, essentially, of 'The Hobbit.' So I wanted 'The Hobbit'... I wanted 'Pitch Black' to be 'The Hobbit' to 'The Chronicles of Riddick.' I wrote a storyline, essentially, that covered three pictures, so where Riddick goes in the next two pictures is already mapped out. It's not in script form, but it is being all developed, and it is going to surface when you least expect it."

It's been rumored that Diesel wants to buy back the rights to "The Chronicles of Riddick" from Universal so he can make the film his way. That question was also addressed.

"Who told you that? I'll kill 'em! Where is he,?" he joked. "Very interesting. Let's just say it sounds like a very interesting idea. [laughs] I will give it thought. I won't tell anyone... I won't credit you unless you want to be credited."

While it's not known when "Riddick 2" will be out, you can catch Vin Diesel in Find me Guilty, which hits theatres March 17th.

Source: Craveonline.com

Angelique
05-04-2006, 04:34 PM
it would be very awesome to see another one of Riddick. it is a really good movie and i watch them both every chance i can get!

Dark Drakan
05-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah liked Pitch Black and Chronicles Of Riddick and bought them both on DVD, cant wait for a another one, thanks for the update!