PDA

View Full Version : Injured Photographer Hits Back at Humphries

W-OLF
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Injured Photographer Hits Back at Humphries
Celebrity snapper Malcolm Ladd is still in shock after being attacked by veteran comedian Barry Humphries on Tuesday. Ladd claims he is still smarting after being punched in the face by the 72-year-old, who is best known for his alter-ego Dame Edna Everage. The photographer explains, "He just punched me in the face. It knocked my glasses off. It was a good punch - it still hurts." A veteran of 30 years behind the camera, Ladd said Humphries became enraged after he attempted to take a "tight shot" of him outside a cafe in Sydney, Australia. Ladd's pictures of the incident appear in the Daily Telegraph newspaper today, and he is still considering pressing charges against the famous funnyman. He adds, "I've been pushed before, but never punched." Humphries' publicist Suzie Howie was also shocked by her client's behavior, saying, "I was stunned when I heard he hit someone. He's had a very long career and there's never been anything like this, so obviously he was very upset. There must have been something more to it because I've never even heard Barry swear, let alone throw a punch."
IMDB