PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ric Flair Feud?

hbkizbest
05-25-2007, 06:43 PM
What is your favorite Nature Boy feud? Mine would have to be his battles with Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat; they meshed well together in the ring and were entertaining at the same time. It's too bad wrestling isn't like that today, how I miss real wrestling!

Flair Country
05-25-2007, 07:26 PM
He had an awesome feud with the Macho Man Randy Savage. It was one of the best feuds of the 90's and possibly of all time.

bad_meetz_evil
05-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Sting, his main rival in WCW. They had great matches, and was the perfect way to end Nitro. Oh, do I miss WCW. <3

yankeesman77
05-25-2007, 09:08 PM
His feud with Dusty Rhodes was Epic in the 80's. Flair and the Four Horsemen were the stable to beat and the American Dream would fight for the common man while Corperate Greed tried to take over.

LG
05-26-2007, 05:59 AM
im going to say Sting being the number 1 and 2 would be the 4 horseman and Rhodes

Slayer_X
05-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Dusty Rhodes was the biggest in THE DAY,but lets not forget Magnum T.A

Andres1mark
05-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Flair v Steamboat were classic, but I thought his feud with Dusty Rhodes was better, with Flair v Sting a close third

bigdadda04
06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
you have got to be kidding ric flair v ricky steamboat made flair's career was quite possibly the greatest pure wrestling set of matches in history. a young upstart could earn a wealth of wrestling knowledge just watching those set of matches. to a real wrestling fan it represents what wrestling was and still should be about

DEMON
06-08-2007, 12:01 AM
By far,I would have to say Flair vs. Steamboat, is the top feud for Flair,with the feud with Sting coming in a close second.
In both feuds,both competitors made each other look eaqually great in their own right,But the Flair/Steamboat feud practically made BOTH of their careers.
And in the case of Sting,the guy went from hated rival,to savior,than into a member of The 4 Horsemen,and back to square one again,ALL while making it look good.

If you look at a student of the game(no pun intended!!!),and see how good/great he truly is,than you can tell just how GREAT the teacher is!
And in Flairs' case,he taught ALOT of "good" students(Ronnie Garvin&Lex Luger for instance...limited abilities,BUT, made to look great with help from Flair!),but only has a limited amount of "GREAT" students.
The rest of his feuds were with already accomplished superstars(Rhodes/Race/Savage etc.),so the "teaching mechanism" in Flairs brain,switches from comprehension of talent,into a mode of "lack of talent",and builds upon what he's given to work with.

Now onto the comment of Magnum T.A.
The feud with Magnum "COULD" have been great,BUT,it never was given the proper chance to come to the forefront of anything major in the old NWA days,because of Magnums Motorcycle accident.
So I really wouldn't rank that up there among any of the aforementioned feuds in the catagory.

On a side note,I think his feud with Barry Windham should get some honorable recognition as well!
The two of them had a great storyline going until Flair left the organization for the WWF.

So once again,another promising feud looms on the horizon,and gets passed by like the wind passing a tree branch.

Role Model
06-08-2007, 02:32 AM
I would have to agree with others here and say Ricky Steamboat was his best feud because it made his career even better during that time. The wrestling quality was top notch during that feud and couldn't have gotten any better. If someone where to make a list of the best feuds during the 90's that'd be on it.

DefLeppardVanHalen
11-29-2007, 03:14 AM
I'd say his feud with Sting was awesome. Their first match was at the first Clash of the Champions and their last match was the last Monday Nitro. 13 years full of awesome matches.