View Full Version : Biggest push ever?

Role Model
05-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Brock Lesnar got a huge of a push.

-Debuted right after Wrestlemania
-Completely destroyed the Hardyz
-Won the King of the Ring
-Main-evented Summerslam, pinning The Rock more or less clean for the WWE title
-Remained undefeated (never pinned/never submitted) until Survivor Series(?) when he lost to the Big Show
-Defeated the Big Show at the Royal Rumble to qualify for the Royal Rumble
-Went on to win said Royal Rumble
-Main-evented Wrestlemania, cleanly defeating Kurt Angle to win the WWE title

Hell of a push for a rookie.

So, who do you think?

bad_meetz_evil
05-27-2007, 04:43 PM
John Cena.

- Won it for Team Angle at 2003 Survior Series.
- WM XX Cena wins US title from the Big Show.
- 1 Year later, Cena wins the WWE Title from JBL.
- After debating at Raw, he defends his title against Muhamamd Hassan and wins it in less than 2 mins.
- Defeats Y2J in a losser leaves Raw match.
- Defeats Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels for the WWE Title at Taboo Tuesday 2005.

I could go on and on.

legolas4792
05-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Brock wins it by me

modest91
05-27-2007, 04:48 PM
John Cena.

- After debating at Raw, he defends his title against Muhamamd Hassan and wins it in less than 2 mins.
- Defeats Y2J in a losser leaves Raw match.
- Defeats Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels for the WWE Title at Taboo Tuesday 2005.

I could go on and on.

thats my vote

hell, you could go on and on and on....

bigdaddybaughman
05-27-2007, 04:53 PM
i think the biggest push ever would be wcw's push of goldburg but if you just concetrate on wwe it would have to be lesnar

tommy
05-27-2007, 04:57 PM
How bout this one:

Bobby Lashley

-Has dominated over every fued he's been in
-Won the United States Championship from JBL
-Won the ECW WORLD Title a little more than a year after his debut
-Put in what could be considered one of the biggest matches of WM23 and WON
-Fued's with (and almost always beat) the McMahons
-Wins fights such as 3 on 1 handicap matches, steel cage match in under 5 minutes against Hardcore Holly, broke the masterlock, and won four fights in one night on a show he's not even on.

This is all before he's even finished up his second year in the WWE.

abyss1
05-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Cena, Lashley and Lesnar are the three main contenders.

Brock gets my vote because of the time between his entry into the company and his first title, beating one of the true greats to win it too. He then went on to beat the Undertaker IN A HELL IN A CELL WITHOUT INTERFERENCE.

That is big.

Will
05-27-2007, 07:06 PM
John Cena.

- Defeats Y2J in a loser leaves Raw match.

I could go on and on.

None of that is significant. Who cares about the US title or him getting a squash over Hassan? Cena spent two years in the midcard before he won the top spot, while guys like Angle, Lesnar and Goldberg were given everything after about 8 minutes in the companies.

Angle gets my (WWE) vote. In his first year alone:

- Undefeated streak for the first couple of months of his career.
- won both the Intercontinental and European championships at the same time within three months of his debut.
-2000 King of the Ring.
-Beat the Rock for the WWE title at No Mercy.
-Retained the title for the rest of the year,including a feud with The Undertaker which included him being put over in a six way Hell in a Cell match at Armageddon.

Spawn
05-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I would say Lesnar, and look how he endded up >_> Right from the get-go he was dominating, Cena, from the start, wasnt all that great. Thats why I would choose Lesnar.

abyss1
05-27-2007, 07:08 PM
None of that is significant. Who cares about the US title or him getting a squash over Hassan? Cena spent two years in the midcard before he won the top spot, while guys like Angle, Lesnar and Goldberg were given everything after about 8 minutes in the companies.

Angle gets my (WWE) vote. In his first year alone:

- Undefeated streak for the first couple of months of his career.
- won both the Intercontinental and European championships at the same time within three months of his debut.
-2000 King of the Ring.
-Beat the Rock for the WWE title at No Mercy.
-Retained the title for the rest of the year,including a feud with The Undertaker which included him being put over in a six way Hell in a Cell match at Armageddon.

Good one, I forgot all about Angle.

ray ray
07-08-2007, 10:38 PM
baustia

Cryxen
07-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Yeah i vote batista, he beat triple h three times in a row. wtf

JohnCenaFan28
07-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Cena got the biggest push along with Lesnar and Lashley all for rookies... Angle isn't a rookie...

creatureofthenights
07-10-2007, 06:34 AM
wat about undertaker

Punisher
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Cena, Lashley and Lesnar are the three main contenders.

Brock gets my vote because of the time between his entry into the company and his first title, beating one of the true greats to win it too. He then went on to beat the Undertaker IN A HELL IN A CELL WITHOUT INTERFERENCE.

lesner did have interference if i am not mistaken Heyman held Taker while lesnar hit is injured arm with a chair.

What about nitro? he came of Raw with the supplementary draft then all of a sudden won the ECW tittle and became a world champion thats a big push to me.

thekris13
07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
He's defeated EVERYONE. I mean he made Triple H tap at WM22 and then HBK at WM23. That's bullshit. He's also beat Khali, Big Show, Umaga, shit anyone. And he will beat Lashley. He will continue to be pushed until they don't make money off of him, and that's never.

You can't even say Angle cause he deserved it. PERIOD.

Lesnar deserved it as well cause he was a damn good wrestler, if he would have stayed instead of foolishly leaving for the NFL, he would have been huge.

Lashley got a push that I don't know if he deserved it too much.

But, Angle, Lesnar, and Lashley are all former Amateur wrestlers, great ones at that. What is Cena? A piece of shit wrestler.

XXKSXX
07-11-2007, 01:30 AM
I say Hogan has got the biggest push ever in wrestling.

tommy
07-11-2007, 05:04 AM
He's defeated EVERYONE. I mean he made Triple H tap at WM22 and then HBK at WM23. That's bullshit. He's also beat Khali, Big Show, Umaga, shit anyone. And he will beat Lashley. He will continue to be pushed until they don't make money off of him, and that's never.

You can't even say Angle cause he deserved it. PERIOD.

Lesnar deserved it as well cause he was a damn good wrestler, if he would have stayed instead of foolishly leaving for the NFL, he would have been huge.

Lashley got a push that I don't know if he deserved it too much.

But, Angle, Lesnar, and Lashley are all former Amateur wrestlers, great ones at that. What is Cena? A piece of shit wrestler.

Says you. Cena is a good wrestler. Case in point: both those WM matches you mentioned and the one hour fight with Shawn on RAW.

mr.king
07-11-2007, 05:58 AM
My vote goes to Angle for the fact that he got a monster push during the WCW/WWE invasion angle. I mean almost everybody was an Angle fan like at Unforgiven all you could hear were Angle Chants, and No mercy to. The promo's Angle and Austin cut back then were extraodorinary as well

Ill Will
07-11-2007, 06:44 AM
To me the clear choice is Goldberg. He dominated in every match against WCW's ENTIRE ROSTER in his first year.

Austin would be a close second. It only took just under 2 years for him to become WWF's biggest superstar.

Garden State Saint
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Brock gets my vote but then again Brock's push almost made me completely stop watching WWE.

Adam Copeland2
07-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Brock gets my vote as well...Angle & Goldberg being close-runners up....Brock came in as the NEXT BIG THING....in 3 months, he WAS the Big thing....I mean, who main-events his first Wrestlemania?? Cena's push was slow.....it took him 3 to 4 years before winning the world championship.....I didnt choose Goldberg becoz i didnt see him in WCW....but, I am guessing he didnt win the world championship in his 1st year???

Adam Copeland2
07-13-2007, 12:56 PM
P.S. .....doesn't Rey Mysterio deserve a spot as a contender....He went from winning the CW championships numerous times directly to beating Eddie Guerrero, a then huge suprerstar, numerous times, to winning the Royal Rumble, to winning the WHC at Wrestlemania