PDA

View Full Version : Most Devastating Injury

Role Model
05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
With all the injuries lately, which one do you think hurt the WWE the most?

Rey Mysterio
HHH
Undertaker
Kennedy
Shawn Michaels

tommy
05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I'd say it's between Triple H and Undertaker. Rey Mysterio was able to be written off of the show to fix up a pre-existing problem. The same can be said for Shawn Michaels, as he is just getting his knee fixed up now.

Kennedy, while unfortunate for him, was not a major injury. It did change who would win the title, but Edge becoming the smackdown champion will help the show more than Kennedy becoming the champion. Even I have started watching Smackdown since this happened, as Edge is one of my favorites.

Undertaker was a huge loss, as he was due for a long title reign. However, I don't think this is the worst as he was able to finish up the storyline with Batista and drop the title in the ring against Edge.

Triple H has got to be the worst. WWE was getting a lot of money off of new DX, as well as they were getting the fans more into the show. They were at the peak of their fued with Rated RKO in the middle of a PPV when Triple H went down. Granted, this was the best case for his injury, as a house show injury would have been more devestating since they wouldn't have been able to play off of it as much. While Triple H leaving did allow HBK to step up, he never did win the title because of it. Triple H has to be the worst.

Role Model
05-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Undertaker, by far like you said tommy. I consider his injury more crucial than HBK's for obvious reasons; he was champion. He was set for a long-term run on a brand that's been losing steam as of late. Batista is old news pretty much, Rey's title reign was pretty awful, and there's basically no other faces on SD! who could become a legit long-term champion. Besides that, Taker is the only real 'legend' face on Smackdown! Some might make arguments for Rey or Kane, but really when you think of guys who are definitely going to be in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot, you're thinking about Taker at the very least.

Some might argue that his injury was easily remedied (giving Edge the title), but that still pulled Raw's top heel from their show leaving them with few options for a heel to challenge Cena except.... ugh... khali.

bad_meetz_evil
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Undertaker and HHH. They both were doing something new, and then got injured. I was looking forward on the future of D-X after the Rated RKO fued. Too bad, I don't think their going to get back again. For Undertaker this is probably his last title reign, and he gets injured.

flamesoffury
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
undertaker.. because he was the main guy on smackdown. he was the champion. he was carrying smackdown. hhh comes in as second.

Anti-Cena
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Out of the of the five that Average Joe posted....I would list them in order of:

Taker
Michaels
HHH
Kennedy
Mysterio

Overall I don't think that any of the injuries hurt the WWE that much because I know that they can survive for a little time without them....but in order that's how I would list them.

Gurubhai
05-31-2007, 08:26 AM
Ofcourse Trips.....he's hurt his knee real bad.

But as far as I get Pro Wrestling........the most fucking of all injuries is the one when you do anything with your neck......it goddamn fucks u right there, and can even end your career.

reven207
05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I thought that The Undertaker and Mysterio were retiring anyway, so I don't see that there injuries would hurt the WWE that much

yankeesman77
05-31-2007, 08:00 PM
I think the Undertaker injury hurt the WWE more because although SmackDown is taped and isn't live the quality of wrestling has been great for them and with a stable Undertaker that only added to the attraction. HHH is no doubt a great wrestler and deserves what ever he gets but The Undertaker was the biggest loss for the WWE.