Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

**Incorporated Filmix** Dangerous Incorporated's Avatar

Default The Show Must Go On - Lights Out On RAW

The Show Must Go On - Lights Out On RAW

Thanks to a technical malfunction at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Monday’s episode of RAW started off in the dark. WWE crews worked quickly to resolve the issue and restore the show to normal working order as quickly as possible.

“This is very rare,” said Director of Remote Technical Engineering Marty Pingree. “This has never happened to this extent before.”

The show began with Lita taking on Candice Michelle in the first match in the Women’s Championship tournament, but neither Diva was distracted by the darkness.

“For all those people who used to say that I am too hot to handle, I think this just shows them how hot I am,” joked Candice after recovering from a vicious spear from Edge. “All the lights went out, the sirens were going...it was something I've never seen before. But hey, even in the dark, I still had a match to worry about."

Likewise, former Women’s Champion Lita would not let a snafu like complete darkness stand in the way of her mission to reclaim her gold.

“It really didn’t phase me,” noted the determined Diva. “I just said ‘well this hasn’t happened in seven years I’ve been here.’ But you know, it’s cool.”

1958 - 2009
    R.I.P.

End Of All Things To Come XXKSXX's Avatar

Yeah things happen no big deal have technical problems from time to time. But they got the lights back on and didn't really miss anything at all. The show did go on and was not that bad.

RIP JC

Just a little extra:

For those that are wondering about why the lights went out on Raw last night, Mike Ousley has an explanation for you:

I just wanted to give you a little bit of info about what happened at the Ford Center in Oklahoma City.

I have worked in the Ford Center since it opened in 2002 and they have heat sensors that trigger the fire alarms when it gets above a certain temperature in the building.

Well, the “shore” power is hooked into the fire alarm so when it is activated, it cuts the shore power. Don’t ask me why but it is, I guess that way if there is a fire it stops the show (and turns out unnecessary lights).

I guess the pyro was way hotter than they expected and it set the fire alarms off and that’s why the stage lights and ring lights went out.

The TV power and production truck is on a different “filtered” power so there isn’t noise in the transmission. It's on a different leg than everything else. I hope this makes sense about what happened and why the lights and stuff were off.

Thanks Lion was wondering what the hell happened on Monday night.

Ring Crew

man, good explanation!