The newly created TKO Group that consists of WWE and UFC has a clear mission and goal they're working toward.

In a new interview with ESPN after TKO became official and started trading at the New York Stock Exchange, TKO COO Lawrence Epstein said that he wants the new company to get to a point where there is a significant duplication between UFC fans and WWE fans.

"Where we want to get is where every UFC fan is a WWE fan and every WWE fan is a UFC fan," Epstein said.

The merger of WWE and UFC under the Endeavor banner was announced in April. Endeavor purchased WWE for $9 billion and Epstein said UFC envisioned a partnership with WWE for at least a half decade.

"We've always thought there was just incredible opportunity to sort of roll up these two great brands and great organizations in the combat sports space," Epstein said. "We were a little bit early in our thinking on this thing. And of course, it's really exciting and really a dream come true to have this come together."

UFC President Dana White was asked about Epstein's comments during a press conference after the Dana White Contender Series on ESPN+ and disagreed.

"Lawrence, I love you. One of the dumbest statements of all-time." White said. "I don’t know why he said that. I don’t even know what to say to that. There’s some crossover. Some people like WWE. Some people like UFC. Some people like both. I don’t think there’s ever gonna be a day where we turn every UFC fan into a WWE fan or every WWE fan."

The new TKO Group stock began trading today at $100 per share. ESPN is reporting that no major changes are expected in the two products, but that there could be a scenario in which both companies run live events on the same weekend and in the same city to maximize exposure and impact.

Former WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will be the Executive Chairman in the new TKO company, reporting in to Endeavor CEO, Ari Emanuel. Dana White will stay in his role as President of the UFC and current WWE CEO will operate as the President of that organization in the company.