A challenge has been made for AEW President Tony Khan to step inside the ring at the upcoming Forbidden Door PPV next month.

The AEW owner announced on Twitter earlier this week that Konosuke Takeshita will be facing Jon Moxley in an IWGP World Title Eliminator match at the Double or Nothing PPV on May 26. If Takeshita wins this match, he will earn the right to challenge for the title currently held by Mox.

NJPW star EVIL who is set to challenge Moxley for the belt at the Dominion event on June 9 has taken an exception to this announcement. While speaking to Tokyo Sports, he questioned Tony Khan's authority to make the bout concerning the NJPW title.

The Japanese star claimed that he is the 'highest authority' of New Japan and suggested a 'presidential showdown' between the two at the upcoming PPV:

"You're doing whatever you want, and I'm not going to stand by and watch. Don't act like you're an equal to me, the president of an organization that's not that big. My company and your company are not of the same caliber. You don't seem to know your place, so I'll give you a lesson. You can stand in front of me (at Forbidden Door). Next time you won't be wearing a corset. You and I are on different levels,"

EVIL is not the first NJPW star to speak against the treatment of the IWGP Title by AEW Authorities in recent times. Yota Tsuji had previously questioned NJPW management's decision to put the belt on Moxley in the first place.

The Third Annual Forbidden Door jointly hosted by AEW and NJPW will be held on June 30 from the UBS Arena in Elmont, New York.

Considering the recent remarks from NJPW talent, it appears that there will be some bitter competition between the two rosters this time around instead of the friendly warfare we have seen in the past.