Kenny Omega reportedly underwent surgery last week to recover from diverticulitis.

The report comes from Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful. The surgery took place in New York on May 16, 2024. There were also some pictures shared online of the star in the city from that time.

Omega had confirmed earlier this month that he would be going under the knife. He said the following at the time:

"I will actually be getting surgery very very very soon... this guy is top in his field and I feel even though it’s a major surgery, I feel most comfortable with this individual. So even though there's always worries going into a major surgery, if there’s one person the most confident with, I think it’s this dude."

According to Mayo Clinic, “diverticulitis is inflammation of irregular bulging pouches in the wall of the large intestine.” The website states that severe diverticulitis needs antibiotic treatment in the hospital or surgery.

Regarding his plans for AEW, currently, there are no plans for the wrestler creatively in the company. His most recent in-ring plans, according to which he was set to partner up with Chris Jericho to face World Tag Team Champions Big Bill and Ricky Starks at Worlds End 2023, were thwarted due to Omega suffering from diverticulitis.

He did appear recently on Dynamite, where he declared his intentions to face AEW Continental Champion Kazuchika Okada, so we can see him in the ring competing against the Rainmaker when he recovers.