QPR defender Clint Hill has told his team-mates they should leave the club next month if their commitment is in question.

Two successive defeats have left Rangers at the foot of the table, six points adrift of safety, ahead of Sunday's game against Liverpool.

Hill, who has started all six matches under Harry Redknapp, questioned whether some of the foreign players recruited by former manager Mark Hughes during the summer have the desire to keep the club in the top flight.

Full-back Jose Bosingwa has emerged as the main villain following his refusal to sit on the bench for the 2-1 victory over Fulham two weeks ago.

Hill said: "It's different cultures and the ways the foreigners have been brought up is different. Do they get taught that losing is hard to accept? I don't know.

"It's a different mentality. It hurts and it should hurt everyone no matter what culture or country you're from.

"As much as I can I've spoken to those players. I'm 34, I've played most of my career in the lower leagues and we are talking about Champions League winners, people who have won Premier Leagues, FA Cups.

"You hope there is a desire within them. To win those kind of medals there must have been. We need that as a team, we need it as a unit.

"The message is simple: you have to be together and be up for the fight. If you don't fancy it then January is around the corner. If you don't fancy it then off you pop, simple as that.

"Our first-half report has been pretty horrendous. Look at the papers - it's everywhere. You can't be a proud man to look at a paper or look at Sky Sports News and see you're bottom of the league. If there's any time for action, it's now."

Attitude

Boswingwa was fined two weeks' wages for his actions and has yet to figure in Redknapp's plans since with the QPR boss incensed by his attitude.

"The gaffer was right, there is no beating around the bush. If you don't want to go on the bench do you want to be here? Do you want to fight? Do you want to be in a scrap with your team-mates? That hurt us as a group, definitely," Hill said.

"We have all been on the bench, dropped and been told we can go. We all earn good money, if you can't sit on the bench then there has to be something wrong.

"It can be hard to see him at work. You want people who are going to be next to you, fighting for the cause. If you can't sit on the bench and support the lads then why are you here? What are you doing here?"

Skysports