WENN

In an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on Tuesday night, Robert Downey Jr. joked about opening a Kickstarter account to fund the next installment in his superhero franchise.

He said, "I was thinking if we were gonna do another one, maybe we would tentatively call it 'Iron Man 4' ... but I wasn't getting a lot of support, so [my] buddies told me there was a Kickstarter thing, and so if you wanna see a sequel, please go to Kickstarter.com and put in your vote."

The actor even brought a visual of what his Kickstarter page would look like: giving fans 21 days to raise $200 million. In just five minutes, host Jimmy Kimmel cracked, "We've already got $1.8 billion pledged for 'Iron Man 4,' so now you have to do another one."

"Iron Man 3," has broken box-office records around the world and scored the second-highest-grossing opening weekend in history following its release in the U.S. last week, but there's been no confirmation yet of a fourth film.

Filmmakers like Zach Braff and Rob Thomas have famously used crowd-sourcing website Kickstarter to raise cash for their film projects this year.