Rey Mysterio doesn't have an exact date for when he'll hang up his boots and mask but knows the exact circumstances when it'll be time to walk away from the ring.

At 49 years old, Mysterio is one of the oldest Superstars on WWE's active roster and is well aware that his career is in the final legs of its journey. Speaking on Rampage Jackson's JAXXON podcast, Mysterio didn't give a specific date but believes he'll retire if he ever stops worrying about giving his absolute best.

"Every night [I worry about my performance] Even when it's non-televised, I still get that jittering feeling like, 'S***; I don't want to f*** up. I want to make sure everything comes out right.' I always tell myself, the day I no longer feel that, that's the time to tap out."

As a WWE Hall of Famer and arguably the most successful masked wrestler in WWE history, Mysterio has very little to prove in his remaining years in the ring. In March 2023, the Ultimate Underdog said he does not plan on wrestling past the age of 50. Rey will hit the milestone number this December.

Though Rey's career in the ring will be ending in the relatively near future, his time in WWE won't be over after he hangs up his boots. Rey signed a five-year deal with WWE in 2023 that should keep him around until he is 54 years old. It is possible that Mysterio could wrestle past 50 and if not, WWE would no-doubt benefit from keeping Mysterio around in some kind of backstage role, possibly as a trainer in WWE NXT.

Rey Mysterio began his professional wrestling career in Mexico at a very young age. His debut match took place in 1989 when he was just 14.