Bryan Danielson's love for AEW has led the American Dragon into a war with the company's EVPs The Elite that will culminate with Anarchy in the Arena.

Danielson will join FTR and the recently returned Darby Allin to face the Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks, Jack Perry and Continental Champion Kazuchika Okada. Speaking after this week's AEW Collision, Danielson shared his reasoning for aligning with 'Team AEW.'

"I'm watching Dynamite, and I see the Young Bucks and the Elite piledrive Tony Khan. A guy who started this company. The guy who if he wasn't here, this company wouldn't even exist. And I watched that and I was angry, mad as hell.

"And then I watch the next week, as they took out Kenny Omega and hospitalized him. When he's already sick, when he's already hurt! You were supposed to change the world together. And that's how I know, you guys say you're good Christian boys but you guys are evil. Because who turns their back on their best friend like that?

"And that's when I realized, I can't stay at home anymore. I can't rehab anymore. I have to come back and I have to fight! I have to fight for AEW because I love this place! You guys say you want to change the world! You won't even show up on a Saturday!"

Danielson has been a part of AEW since 2021 after a highly successful run in WWE as Daniel Bryan. The upcoming Anarchy in the Arena match will be Danielson's second time competing in such a match after the BCC beat The Elite last year.