The current era of WWE is proving to be better than the much-acclaimed Attitude Era, at least according to WWE Tag Team Champion Austin Theory.

WWE officially launched its 'new era' at WrestleMania 40, though this came months after Vince McMahon's second resignation from the promotion in January 2024. With the 78-year-old billionaire no longer around, production changes have been well-received by fans as have the storylines we see on TV.

Speaking to the Battleground Podcast, Austin Theory had plenty of praise for the current era which he believes has surpassed the Attitude Era.

“We do all these things, and every show is packed. Even when I’m just doing meet-and-greets, like in Australia, I did one where 300 people came to see me in the middle of a mall. WWE is at an all-time high now, and you can’t deny it. I think we’ve surpassed the Attitude Era. This era has solidified a new world of professional wrestling.”

Theory went on to describe Triple H as "The Man" and appreciates the "innovative" ideas of WWE's Chief Content Officer. The former U.S. Champion also praised the passion of everyone in WWE today and believes that with Triple H '"in the pilot seat" that there's no stopping WWE.

It's hard to ignore the success of the current era of WWE. In November 2023, it was reported that the average attendance of WWE events have now matched the Attitude Era attendance. WWE is certainly making far more money now than it did during the era of the late 1990s and early 2000s, thanks in part to its lucrative TV deals and relationship with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.