WWE Chief Content Officer Paul 'Triple H' Levesque has spoken about the controversial finish to the 2024 King of the Ring tournament.

At WWE King And Queen Of The Ring, GUNTHER claimed the crown in the Men's Tournament finals with a hard-fought win over Randy Orton. GUNTHER made it to the finals with wins over Sheamus, Kofi Kingston and 'Main Event' Jey Uso before dispatching of the Viper in Jeddah.

The match ended in controversy as Orton's shoulder was not fully on the mat during the decisive pinfall. On Twitter, Levesque addressed the questionable result.

"I was out there. My vantage point was very difficult to see. Coming back here and seeing it back, I saw what everybody saw. Didn’t even seem very controversial to me, just seemed like Randy Orton’s shoulder wasn’t down. But I’ll say this, referee’s decision is final and GUNTHER is your King of The Ring."

While GUNTHER's victory is final, the Game added that he would love to see the two face off again to ensure there is a clear winner.

"Randy Orton deserves to have another shot at that and I think GUNTHER will want to have another shot at that to take the controversy out, to take the asterisk off the page where it says King of The Ring."

With his (albeit controversial) victory, GUNTHER has earned himself a World Heavyweight Championship match at WWE SummerSlam on August 3. Currently, the Austrian is expected to face either current champion Damian Priest or Drew McIntyre, depending on who wins their title match at WWE Clash At The Castle: Scotland.