WWE star Ivar has addressed his current status amid all the conflicting rumors going around about his health and wrestling future.

Chatter about the wrestling star's status began after WWE pulled him from an announced match. At first it was reported that Ivar was just taking some time off from the company and he wasn't really injured.

Fresh reports since then, however, have contradicted the early statements. A photo posted by Andrews Sports Medicine team on Twitter further confirmed that the heavyweight star was dealing with a legitimate issue.

One-half of the Viking Raiders tag team then took on his Twitter to set the record straight. Ivar confirmed that he is indeed dealing with a legitimate serious injury:

The WWE star said that he will do everything he can to get back in the ring as soon as possible and thanked the fans for their support through this ordeal:

"No matter what happens, I owe it to everyone who ever believed in me to do everything I can to get back in that ring, under those lights, and infront of the most amazing fans on the planet, see you as soon as I can! That being said, I Want to thank everyone for the out pouring of love and support, not only after finding out I was injured but thru out the last several months, I have heard you all!"

Ivar was originally scheduled to compete in a triple threat #1 contender's match for Oba Femi's NXT North American Championship at next week's episode of NXT.

However he, alongside the other two competitors of the match Wes Lee and Josh Briggs were taken out by Gallus on this week's episode of the Tuesday night show.

The company then taped next week's episode of the development show in advance and excluded the heavyweight star from the lineup. Ivar was also replaced in the ongoing tournament to determine the #1 contender for Ricochet's WWE Speed championship.

Fightful Select later provided some more updates on the 40-year-old's health. They claimed that Ivar has 'long wrestled as if he's on borrowed time after his double fusion surgery.'

The nature or the severity of Ivar's current injury is not known. So it's hard to say how long he will stay out of action or when can we expect him back on WWE programming.

SEScoops will continue monitoring the situation and you can follow us on social media to stay up-to-date with the wrestling star's status.