Mercedes Mone thinks the word "competition" should be applied somewhere else other than between AEW and WWE.

Mone is set for her big return match at AEW Double or Nothing this Sunday in Las Vegas as she'll be battling Willow Nightingale for her TBS Title. It'll be the CEO's first fight back in over a year after injury and her debut match in AEW. She was last seen in WWE losing to Bianca Belair before she walked out of the company in May 2022. However, the former Sasha Banks doesn't want there to be such a division between her current promotion and her past one.

Speaking with US Weekly, Mone made clear that competition should strictly be between wrestlers and not the wrestling promotions themselves.

“I feel like there should be no competition when it’s between companies. It just needs to be competition between the wrestlers, seeing who wants to be the main event of the show, to make the most money. I’m competing with everybody here in AEW to let them know I’m the face of the company. I’m not competing with any other company.”

Mone blames a good deal of that tribalism in pro wrestling due to a lot of the minor vocal contingency of wrestling fans online.

“People are just so in their phones. Going on the Internet and bragging and complaining and they’re not actually living in the real world. When they come out into the real world and they actually go to wrestling shows and enjoy things with wrestling fans, they know that this is all just so much fun.”

Despite not wanting competition between companies WWE and AEW will be competiting for eyes on their product this weekend as both are set for their respective PLE and PPV.