Fans in the United Kingdom have hit out at the 'extortionate' price of tickets for the upcoming WWE Clash At The Castle: Scotland Premium Live Event.

The June 15, event will mark WWE's first Premium Live Event in Scotland and will be preceded by a SmackDown taping. Both shows will take place at the historic OVO Hydro in Scotland's largest city of Glasgow.

Much has been said about the price of tickets for Clash At The Castle: Scotland. The event is the most expensive WWE event in company history for a "get-in" price, Dave Meltzer has reported. The obscene prices, which start at £300 ($375) for just one night, has left many fans simply unable to attend.

Mark Dallas is the founder of ICW, a Scottish-based promotion that has hosted Drew McIntyre, Piper Niven, and other top WWE Superstars. When speaking to the BBC, Dallas was pleased about the event, but acknowledged the high price for fans.

"It’s fantastic that finally, WWE are bringing one of their big events to Glasgow – it’s long overdue. I think it’s a real shame that there’s not more affordable tickets towards the back of the venue at least."

Journalist Ross Brady is among those who have found themselves left out of the show despite it being near to him because of the ticket prices.

"I’ll have to watch it on TV – save myself some money. I am a proper fan of this but I’ll need to miss the one that’s 20 minutes down the road because I’m just not paying extortionate prices."

A WWE spokesperson was asked for comment on the concern over ticket prices. They noted that cheaper individual tickets had been made available but did not state how many tickets were available at this discounted price.

Clash At The Castle: Scotland isn't the only European event to feature eye-poppingly high prices. The recent WWE Backlash France event provided WWE with its largest gate for an arena event, thanks in part to the high cost of tickets. Unfortunately, these high prices have left countless fans missing out.