Kenny Omega will go under the knife to deal with his ongoing health concerns as the AEW EVP remains on the shelf for the time being.

The former AEW World Champion hasn't competed since late 2023 due to a battle with diverticulitis and there has been speculation as to whether he'd undergo surgery. While surgery would mean a lower chance of the issues with diverticulitis returning, it would also mean he'd have to spend longer out to recover from the operation.

Now, Omega has made his decision. Taking to his Twitch channel, the Cleaner spoke about the surgery he is set to undergo.

"I will actually be getting surgery very very very soon... this guy is top in his field and I feel even though it’s a major surgery, I feel most comfortable with this individual. So even though there's always worries going into a major surgery, if there’s one person the most confident with, I think it’s this dude."

Omega did share the bad news to his viewers that this surgery will likely mean he won't be streaming for a while. With that said, the AEW EVP said he intends to keep fans informed within days after the operation.

While Omega won't be competing for some time, it's no secret what the future holds for him in the ring. During his recent appearance on Dynamite, Omega made clear he would face AEW Continental Champion Kazuchika Okada in the future. The two have faced off in a series of highly-acclaimed matches in the past which resulted in Omega 'breaking' Dave Meltzer and his star ratings system.

Omega isn't the only notable name missing from AEW programming. MJF hasn't competed since losing the World Championship at Worlds End in December 2023. MJF underwent shoulder surgery in April 2024 and there's no word on when fans can expect him back.