Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default World "Heavyweight" Champion

It wasn't long ago that Rey Mysterio was competing for the Cruiserweight belt. He hasn't gained any weight, but was awarded the Heavyweight championship. I realize that the moniker and dignity of that belt have dissolved since it was the undisputed NWA World Title, but WWE shouldn't still call it the Heavyweight Championship if they are going to let people the size of Rey compete for it.

On the bench!

This will be a one off. The only reason they are giving rey the title is because of Eddie's death. I don't know how much times i can say it. Look at the way he went through winning it. Always "Dedicating" it to Eddie. I think it's still a real travesty the way he won it.

I dont know why people are complaining that Rey Rey is the World "Heavyweight" Champion.I guess you guys would rather have David Arquette hold the title than Rey,right?

Click here to listen to my radio show.

George W Bush says his best moment as president was the time he caught a 7.5lb largemouth bass.
    WTF?

May be , for these ppl, Arnold Shwarzzeneggar will be a good WHC too, considering how they discriminate ppl for their size.

And about Rey only winning it 4 Eddie? Don't u ppl realize that b4 Eddie died, Rey Mysterio was beating the man match after match, and was going toe to toe with other big guys like Kurt Angle & Brock Lesnar !!!???

It seemed clear sine then that, one day, Rey wud win the world championship - whether the reign be a one night stand or a 1 year one. Eddie's death just sped up the process IMO.

Now I know since Rey's reign started, SD! has went downhill, but dats only coz of the absence of so many other good wrestlers, and coz Rey needs surgery on his knees. This disables him from busting his ass night after night and showing how good a champ he actually is. Personally, I think it was a just bad timing to let Rey have the championship.....nothing else.
    THE RATED R USER

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Copeland2

It seemed clear sine then that, one day, Rey wud win the world championship - whether the reign be a one night stand or a 1 year one. Eddie's death just sped up the process IMO.
    That's what I've been saying for a long time.Anybody that didnt see Rey winning either the WHC or WWE Championship doesnt watch wrestling closely enough.

Click here to listen to my radio show.

George W Bush says his best moment as president was the time he caught a 7.5lb largemouth bass.
    WTF?

I don't have a problem with Rey winning the belt, I think has earned it through his years of hard work in the pro wrestling industry. His matches are almost always entertaining, and he has been getting huge pops from live audiences since his first appearance on WWE programming. What I am saying is that WWE should no longer call the belt the World Heavyweight Title if they are going to let a cruiserweight win it. I am not at all saying that Rey doesn't deserve to be in main events or hold the top title, it's just that WWE is contradicting themselves by letting someone his size hold the "Heavyweight" title

At my computer pissing the women of UOW off!

Personally I don't thik that the "heavyweight" part has anything to do with who holds it or not, the title just shows that the company has enough faith in you to have you carry them. Rey, maybe not a great choice the way he got the title but still a great champ and besides when is the last time you heard the announcer calling the World Heavyweight Title? Or the WWE Heavyweight Title? Not in a long time, they call it the World Title and the WWE title.

Ring Crew

i hate how ppl say he won jus coz of eddies death it compleate BS he was peing pushed before the passing of eddie

Jobber

I just call it the World Title....

I dont, nor have ever had a problem with Rey holding a top prize in the WWE. He's at veteran status and has been a damn good worker over the years. He was bound to win the title some day...

But his reign will be remembered as a dud.... the way he's been booked means he's doomed regardless. The whole 'underdog' champion is all good and well, but give him a chance. The only way I think his reign can be redeemed is if he 'destroys' JBL at Judgement Day.... which I doubt will happen.

I hate to say it even though I'm a Shawn Michaels fan, he's not really what you would call a Heavyweight, yet he won the World Heavyweight Title back at Survivor Series in 2002.

The World Heavyweight Title is just a way of saying the WWE Title without actually saying it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast