Smackdown/ECW House Show Results

Bossier City, LA

3-16-2008

?

The building was only at half capacity. The top levels were tarped off, but the
bottom levels and floor were full.

Show starts with Theodore Long and Eve Torres coming to the ring and announcing that
Batista would not be appearing as advertised... but instead we would get to see The
Undertaker teaming up with Kane to face Edge and Mark Henry... I'll take an
Undertaker/Batista trade off anyday. Then they let the fans text in votes for the
ECW title match for later in the show: choice one was a street fight, choice two was
falls count anywhere, and choice three was 2-out-of-3 match.

?

Match One: Kofi Kingston vs Shelton Benjamin- Slower match then you would expect
from these two athletes. Kofi botched a top rope move pretty bad during the middle
of the match by slipping off the ropes, however they redid the spot (just a flying
cross body) to perfection shortly there after. Other wise it was a good match.
Kingston got the win with his roundhouse kick finisher.

?

Match Two: John Morrison vs Tommy Dreamer-?Decent?match. Tommy got a surprisingly
large pop. Morrison got the win though with The Snapshot, or whatever he calls his
twisting neckbreaker finisher.

?

Match Three: Jesse and Festus vs The Major Brothers- Yea, i know they aren't "the
major brothers" anymore, but i refuse to call them by their "real" names anyways,
a decent match from these two teams. Festus picked up the win for his team with a
flapjack like maneuver. Note: Jesse brought a kid from the crowd into the ring after
the match...? the kid acted like he didnt want to get in there, Jesse turned his
back and the kid climbed all the way to the top rope and jumped into the ring...
kind of a scary moment, no one was watching him for a second there, could have been
bad.

?

Match Four: Matt Striker vs Jamie Noble- Matt wrestled in dress pants, and just
seemed a bit... off... but Jamie picked up the slack and the win with a flying knee
to the back of Matt's head from the top rope.

?

MVP then came out and gave a speech on how he has beaten every one of his
challengers for his US title. He issues an open challenge. Matt Hardy answered the
challenge and MVP tried to leave. Long came back out and said if the title wasn't
defended, then MVP would be stripped of it. That lead to...

?

Match Five: MVP vs Matt Hardy for the US title- Big pop for Hardy. Apparently not
too many people were expecting his appearance. Very good match in my opinion, and
i'm not particularly a fan of either perfomers. Matt hit the Side Effect, and MVP
rolled out of the ring. Matt then picked up the win via DQ when MVP hit Matt in the
knee with a chair when Matt was trying to go to the outside to get MVP back in the
ring.

?

Match Six: Michelle McCool vs Victoria- I can't give much of an opinion on this
match as all i caught was the last minute or two of it. McCool picked up the win
with the Angel's Wings (don't know what she calls it, but it was the same move
Christopher Daniel's uses in TNA)

?

Match Seven: CM Punk vs Chavo for the ECW title- Apparently the crowd chose a street
fight, because there were several weapons used including two chairs, a trash can,
and a cookie sheet or two. Probably the best match of the night all around. The
crowd loved Punk. Punk took a pretty nasty bump half way through the match. He went
for a hurricanrana from the top rope and Chavo held on to the ropes to block it.
Punk landed right on his neck. It was sick, but he was fine. Punk attempted the GTS
several times and was in control most of the match. Chavo, however, picked up the
win when he floated out of a GTS attempt, rolled Punk up, and held the ropes. Note:
Punk gave one of the cookie sheets they used in the match to a kid sitting behind
me.. and the kid proceeded to hit everyone he was with in the head several times...
kind of annoying, but the crowd got thought it was pretty funny.

?

Match Eight: Undertaker and Kane vs Edge and Mark Henry-?Good main event. Monster
pop for everything done by the Undertaker. From my knowledge this is the first time
he has wrestled in Bossier City. First time I've seen him in the ring anyways, and i
haven't missed a live event here in the last 8-9 years. Anyways, pretty standard
match from these four, all the usual spots were hit... Kane's top rope clothesline,
Taker's "Old School", etc etc... end came when The Majors made a run in while Taker
had Edge locked in his new submission finisher, Taker and Kane took them out, and
Kane fought with Henry to the outside. Taker blocked a spear attempt with a kick to
the face, then hit the Tombstone for the win. The Majors get double chokeslams while
trying to get Edge's belt back from Taker after the match.

Biggest Pops:1) Undertaker 2) CM Punk 3) Matt Hardy

Most Heat: 1) MVP 2) Edge 3) Chavo

-End show-

Rajah.com