Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Niedermayer, Selanne in no rush to retire

Scott Niedermayer had eight goals and 25 points in 48 games this season.
    Scott Niedermayer's season ended abruptly as the Anaheim Ducks were eliminated Sunday by the Dallas Stars, leaving him with two pressing issues on his plate — one involving his salary and other regarding retirement.

Niedermayer, 34, missed the first 28 games of the season as he contemplated retirement, an absence that cost him $2.3 million US because the Ducks listed him suspended without pay to keep his $6.75-million US salary from counting against the cap.
    Niedermayer reportedly had an additional $500,000 US docked from his paycheque for skipping training camp.

But sources told the Canadian Press on Monday that the NHL and NHL Players' Association were working toward a resolution that might see him recoup the entire $500,000 US.

Meantime, Niedermayer and teammate Teemu Selanne will likely wrestle with thoughts of retirement - just as they did last spring.

"I don't really know anything right now as opposed to what I knew yesterday or two weeks ago," Niedermayer told the Orange County Register. "I'm not going to think about it for a bit.

"I don't think there is a rush to get it done within days. I don't know, I will talk to a few people and go from there."

"I will keep my door open," Selanne told the Register. "I don't have to rush it.

"Obviously, I'm going to make the decision the normal way. There is no way I'm going to do something like this year.

"It is either playing or not. In the next month or so, I think I'm going to make a decision."

Returned in mid-season

Both future Hall of Famers returned to the Ducks in mid-season, with Niedermayer making the announcement last Dec. 5 and Selanne following suit on Jan. 28.

Niedermayer had eight goals and 17 assists for 25 points in 48 games this season, his 16th in the NHL.

The four-time Stanley Cup champion has posted 148 goals and 633 points in 1,101 NHL games since being drafted third overall by the New Jersey Devils in 1991.

He was awarded the Norris Trophy as the NHL's top defenceman in 2004, and the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player performer after he captained the Ducks to their first Stanley Cup in 2007.

Selanne played 26 games this season, compiling 12 goals and 23 points.

The 37-year-old forward has registered 552 goals and 1,158 points in 1,067 NHL games since he was drafted 10th overall by the Winnipeg Jets in 1988.

He won the Calder Trophy in 1992-93, setting a league record for rookies with 76 goals.
    CBC
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

Ring Crew

both are great players, should not retire, if you can still play, play