Valencia winger Joaquín Sánchez has sensationally hit back at former manager Ronald Koeman.
..Koeman left Los Che under a cloud last month and by way of a parting shot recently declared that €30m-rated players like Joaquín had played more like they were worth €30.

This clearly did not go down too well with the Andalucían, who today struck back during an interview with Radio Punto

He said, "Koeman was a person who looked past people above their shoulders. He didn't have the cojones to say things to one's face, whereas I did.

"The only thing he was worried about was to have dinner with five or seven bottles of wine, for a warm, relaxing glow. And when he left he didn't say goodbye to the players - he just left with six or seven million euros.

"[New coach] Voro has gained in five matches the same or better than Koeman managed in five months! Koeman has knocked me down and I'm ashamed by what he's said about me. But I don't blame him entirely for my not going to Euro 2008 - just 99 per cent."

While Joaquín seems happier under his new manager, rumours abound that Everton are interested in his signature.

Goal