Jose Mourinho admits his first act as manager of Internazionale could be to stage a transfer raid on former club Chelsea.

Mourinho was named as Roberto Mancini's successor at the Giuseppe Meazza on Monday and the Portuguese has since confessed he is considering 'two or three' new signings.

Chelsea quartet Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho have all been rumoured to be targets of Mourinho as he looks to build a side capable of wining the UEFA Champions League next season.

And Mourinho, who left Chelsea in September 2007, has admitted he would be keen to join forces with players from his Stamford Bridge past.

"I think it is normal as a consequence of the relationship with my players," said Mourinho when asked about speculation linking him with moves for Chelsea players.

Future

"Almost all of them want to work with me again in the future and the same goes for me.

"I have a great relationship with almost all of my players and it is normal that these rumours spread.

"But it depends on whether Chelsea want to sell - there has got to be a relation between what one club wants and what another club wants to do.

"The president (Massimo Moratti) knows what I would like, but I am not discussing names with the press. I am not ready to do that."

sky sports