Michael Ballack is not letting his contract situation at Chelsea worry him.

The Germany international is out of contract next summer and, as yet, no talks regarding an extension have taken place with the club's hierarchy.

Ballack has endured and up and down spell during his time in England and is currently on the verge of a first-team return following a stint out with a foot injury.

Despite the possibility of leaving The Blues next summer, Ballack is happy at Stamford Bridge and has stated he would like to extend his illustrious career with the West London outfit.

Relaxed

"I'm relaxed about my contract situation. I love Chelsea," he told the Evening Standard.

"As a player you have to have a good feeling about where you are and there is no reason why I should change clubs when I'm feeling this good.

"I'm not 25 any more and thinking about all the places I'd like to go. I'm now playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. We can still improve and I want to help with this.

"I feel I have a lot to give for years to come. I think I have a lot of experience and am still in good shape. I feel strong, I can imagine finishing my career at Chelsea and we want to win something big.

"Last season we were very close to doing it with the Champions League and these are days where you can make history and that is what I want to do with Chelsea."

Frustration

Meanwhile, Ballack has expressed his frustration at Chelsea's surprise penalty shoot-out Carling Cup exit to Burnley in midweek.

The 32-year-old did not take part against the Championship outfit and now wants last year's runners-up to maintain their place at the top of the Premier League ladder against West Brom.

"We didn't just lose a game - we are out of the Cup," he continued. "When you lose a League game you can repair it; in the Cup you can't.

"It's a little frustrating but we have to keep going. We are in a good position in the League. When you compare where we were in the League now to last season, we were six or seven points behind and it's always difficult to close the gap.

"Now we stay on top and it's good for the confidence to play games and know that when we win we're still on top. Even in the Champions League we're in a good position, so that should be our motivation."

sky sports