Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brocks next opponent UFC

- Former WWE star and current UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar will likely face Interim UFC Heavyweight Champ Frank Mir at UFC's April show in Montreal.

411mania

Never lost a LOW Title
    2010 LOW Hall Of Fame Draven Alexander

Ah, very nice, I was wondering what this would happen. Definitely looking forward to this one, and I must say, if Mir is in the kind of shape he was in against Nogueira, I think he can and will beat Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    Ah, very nice, I was wondering what this would happen. Definitely looking forward to this one, and I must say, if Mir is in the kind of shape he was in against Nogueira, I think he can and will beat Lesnar.
    I would have called this post laughable a week ago, and I still doubt Mir's dedication, but I agree with you. How can you bet against the first man to ever knock out Big Nog.

Nog has a gym here now and I even called it where Mir would win just like how Lesnar would KO Couture and Rashad would beat Forest. I actually see Mir possibly beating Lesnar. My favorite thing from Mir's fight was a friend tells me how it looked like Mir was the one who had been training with Anderson Silva not Nog lmao.

You guys do understand that Mir has already tapped Lesnar quite easily,why any of you would see it going any differently,especially with Mirs improved standup baffles me. Will calling that post laughable a week ago is a ridiulous statement especially from a moderator of this forum....do you even watch MMA,follow it or understand it? That is about the 3rd borderline retarded post Ive seen you make in the MMA section,yet your a mod here.

And BDK are you serious...your friend is a little far off,b/c I didnt even see Mir utilize any Muay Thai that would make it look like he was training with Silva...he straight boxed Nog up...boxing and MT are 2 completely different artforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    You guys do understand that Mir has already tapped Lesnar quite easily,why any of you would see it going any differently,especially with Mirs improved standup baffles me.

You have got to be kidding me. Yeah Mir tapped out Brock in his second fight, after getting beat on the whole time. Did the guy who beat up Couture look like the Same guy from the Mir fight to you? Lesnar is much improved, while Mir barely trains and hasn't shown an ounce of dedication, until the nog fight, ever since his accident. Anyone who thought that the Mir, who has shown up every time in the last 4 years, had a shot at winning again should stop drinking the kool aid and get over the fact that Lesnar is a former pro wrestler.

Yeah, the only reason Mir beat Lesnar the first time is because Lesnar was just going in their full blast, and he got caught up, and Mir took the opportunity and locked in a submission, but Lesnar has gained a lot of experience since then, and something like that's not going to happen again. Like I said though, if Mir does actually keep up the training and everything he's been doing, and doesn't slack off, he has a great chance of beating Lesnar. Just gonna have to wait and see.

For someone who dont care about what I say,it sure was vital for you to right a 2 paragraph retort and threaten to delete my words...lol. Comparing Mir to Couture is like comparing apples to oranges....Couture is a wrestler who likes to utilize the clinch to wear his opponent down,besides Van Arsdale who has Randy ever taken down and submitted? When on the other hand Mir is BJJ practitioner who wants to get you on the ground and submit you. Of course Lesnar is going to look like a different fighter against different opponents,its the nature of the beast.

It wasn't Lesnar going in and blowing his wad that got him beat against Mir the first time,it was guy with no experience getting caught by a guy who has been training his entire life...I dont see how round 2 should be any differently.

Sure Lesnar was a great Amatuer and Collegiate wrestler,but that just doesn't add up to 20 years of JJ training,or even 20 years of boxing....yes he did KO a 46 year old fighter with a questionable chin who has been KO'd many times before,call me silly but I dont find that overly impressive. Actually in Round 1 Randy made Lesnar look bad,outstriking him and even taking the wrestler down,which Brock had to grab the fence to get back up.

I guess I deserve this for coming to a Pro Wrestling forum and talking against Brock,I cant expect cross-over fans to fully understand MMA,when in reality...most of you have only been watching for the past few years in between WWE PPV's.But in the end everyone is entitled to their own opinion...and obviously yours is Brock is God.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    For someone who dont care about what I say,it sure was vital for you to right a 2 paragraph retort and threaten to delete my words...lol. Comparing Mir to Couture is like comparing apples to oranges....Couture is a wrestler who likes to utilize the clinch to wear his opponent down,besides Van Arsdale who has Randy ever taken down and submitted? When on the other hand Mir is BJJ practitioner who wants to get you on the ground and submit you. Of course Lesnar is going to look like a different fighter against different opponents,its the nature of the beast.

It wasn't Lesnar going in and blowing his wad that got him beat against Mir the first time,it was guy with no experience getting caught by a guy who has been training his entire life...I dont see how round 2 should be any differently.

Sure Lesnar was a great Amatuer and Collegiate wrestler,but that just doesn't add up to 20 years of JJ training,or even 20 years of boxing....yes he did KO a 46 year old fighter with a questionable chin who has been KO'd many times before,call me silly but I dont find that overly impressive. Actually in Round 1 Randy made Lesnar look bad,outstriking him and even taking the wrestler down,which Brock had to grab the fence to get back up.

I guess I deserve this for coming to a Pro Wrestling forum and talking against Brock,I cant expect cross-over fans to fully understand MMA,when in reality...most of you have only been watching for the past few years in between WWE PPV's.But in the end everyone is entitled to their own opinion...and obviously yours is Brock is God.
    Thank you for posting and sharing your opinion. Have a blessed day.

You also...thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast