Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Default Hidden WWE Gems 2005-2010

Ok, so I know thatI bash WWE alot, saying that everything they do sucks, and I'm sorry, but in latter days it has been way to much things not to bash about. But I won't go further into that now.
    I used to love WWE and if you ask me their 2005-2007 seasons where pretty good. The 2006 season turned out to be one of my favorite WWE seasons ever. In this thread I want to present some matches that I think should have been more in the spotlight than they where.
    I have collected a bunch of matches who actually proves that WWE can present good wrestling (They just don't!)

ECW 4/14.09
    John Morrison Vs Evan Bourne

I know I called this match; Match Of The Year in 09, but it's a damn good reason to it! This match was Wrestlemania worthy, and both gave their best in a wrestling match who had everything I want to see in a match. They proved that ECW was a brand to be reckoned with. To bad Vince was a moron and shut the whole shit down. They wrestled for half the show, and they pulled off moves from everywhere they damn pleased whetever it was the ropes, turnbuckles or aprons. Both men proved that they are good technical mat wrestlers as well as so called Spotmonkeys, and the match went back and forth as both men had momentum at least twice. This match does not only prove that Morrison should be a main eventer, it also proves that Bourne is a future main eventer. No gimmicks or stipulations needed here! ****

Travicity

Yea that match is wonder what other ones you think.

Gold Rush Tournament 2005
    Shelton Benjamin Vs Shawn Michaels

This match really stands as one of the greatest matches in RAW history. Shelton gets a chance to dance with the best, and he delivers big time!
    Both guys had momentum trough the hole match, and I like the way they pulled off traditional moves, in more untraditional ways.
    Benjamin proves that he has the skills to wrestle with the best in this match, and the ending to the match is just awesome. ****

Travicity

Ah yea the springboard superkick :o Awesome.

Summerslam 07
    Rey Mysterio Vs Chavo Guerrero

When I first saw this match, I didn't have very much hope to see a great wrestling match. Chavo is underused in WWE, and his matches are usually squash matches or matches who doesn't last for more than 4-6 minutes. This match was completely different. I loved this match from start to end, and both men really showed that they are damn good wrestlers!
    I got an OLD SKOOL ECW feeling watching this match, as both men delivered technical moves and high fly extravaganza. The whole storyline to it? I won't spoil anything, I just suggest you watch it. It's one of the better storylines in recent years. And the match to end it? Glorious! ****

Travicity

It was allright I didnt enjoy that match as much as the other 2 picks.

Smackdown 2007
    Rey Mysterio & Batista vs MNM

The Mac

no dude lol i liked the goldrush match i also liked eddie vs rvd ladder but thats too old of a match but it was still epic lol
    Last edited by The Mac; 07-08-2010 at 10:58 AM.

RAW - World Tag Team Championship - TLC Dudleys vs E&C vs Kane &"The Hurricane"

Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2009
    Christian Cage (c) Vs Shelton Benjamin (Ladder Matchup For The ECW Title)

This match was really entertaining. I love the promo leading up to the match also, where Christian says: I don't care if I win or lose. I want to steal the show! They certainly did in my opinion. Both Christian and Shelton made good use of the enviroment and ladders in this match. Despite the annoying thing with the medic who comes to stitch Christian after he's bladed himself, this match has many great qualitites, and they do many great spots. Both men proves that they are good technical wrestlers, and both proves that they masters the Ladder Match! ****

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast