Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I hope you're both wrong. Miz or Wade as World Champion? Don't think so!

GAWD! The Nexus invading this match and ruining it. I can't believe it! And as much as I hate Cena, he got eliminated by Wade, after that awful finisher?
    Last edited by Smartmark; 09-20-2010 at 03:40 AM.

The Mac

big shock nexus came out i dont think miz will come... i think he will cash in after hiac
    Last edited by The Mac; 09-20-2010 at 03:43 AM.

Well, it was a sucky PPV, but at least some justice was served as Kane retained and Orton won the WWE Title

OMG, what they have been building up to has happened!
    HOGAN KILLED TNA!

Orton doesn't seem like the type to get cashed in on tbh. If Miz was gonna cash in I think Cena would have won.

Told you all Miz wouldn't cash in the same night that he tapped out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanx for the coverage Kellie/Travis!

Thankyou for the coverage Trav

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

EeL: I love you Kellie with all my heart and soul
    EeL: if I had to choose between one last gasp of oxygen or Kellie, I'd choose Kellie

Super Klawz: I LOVE YOU KELLIE!

PheTravenal: but I love you

PheTravenal: piss off!!!
    Kellie: You would miss me!!!!!
    PheTravenal: yes.

EeL: I love you more than Randy Orton's glistening abs

The Black Wings of Death: <3 you Kellie
    The Black Wings of Death: You are awesome Kellie

4033: YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Reasonable Fan CarnivoreJ's Avatar

Smartmark how in the hell was this an awful PPV? I haven't posted in a while because I got sort of sick of your constant whining about WWE, unsubstantiated whining no less. You say things like "Cody Rhodes is awful" but you fail to back that up with any evidence of why he sucks, I guess you could use the 30 minute match he had with MVP on NXT a few weeks ago as proof, or the new character he has been playing on television, or maybe the fact that he is actually garnering a pretty decent crowd reaction as proof, but I think all those points prove your statement false.

As far as this PPV: First of all they started off the show with an incredibly hot crowd that led into the Dolph-Kofi match, that Dolph Kofi match was one of the best PPV IC matches they have had in a very long time. Quite a few believable nearfalls, incredible psychology playing off their past encounters and it continued the storyline of Dolph, Vickie, and Kaitlyn. So the PPV has a really hot opener that does not steal the show, but does exactly what it is supposed to...which is get the crowd hyped for this show. This match was thoroughly enjoyable and if you didn't find yourself caught up in the action then I question your love of pro wrestling.

The Punk/Show match was just an excuse for WWE to get a very over heel in CM Punk on television in his hometown, he drew lots of heat from a somewhat affable crowd. That promo was really good, it flowed well, was well constructed, and did its job of getting the usually pro-Punk crowd to turn all out against him. The match wasn't bad it was just too short for a PPV match and really could have been left off the card completely and the time given to the tag team turmoil and everyone would have been happier. But it was still entertaining for what it was and Punk really brought it to Big Show and if you were paying attention Show left hurt. Of course you just hated this match because you hate the gimmick, which is an opinion and I would argue that most of the audience disagrees since Punk's character draws lots of heat and he does a very good job of playing that character.

Then we have a pretty fantastic Daniel Bryan versus Miz match. Now I do not know a whole lot about Brian Danielson but what I have seen has very much impressed me. The Miz has been good on the mic for a while but only has a handful of memorable in ring matches to his credit. This match proved two things in my opinion, 1.) Daniel Bryan can work his style in a WWE environment and get the crowd hyped up 2.) the Miz can hold his own with a world class competitor and actually looked like a solid hand in the ring. This match was start to finish action and I use the same contention I used before, if you didn't find yourself caught up in the action then I question your love of pro wrestling.

The Diva's match was there, they had some half decent spots, but overall it wasn't great. So far what WWE has done is use two of the lesser matches to cool off a hot crowd after some really great matches.

Undertaker Kane was everything it needed to be. It was different than the work-rate heavy matches they showed early in the show and it was pretty great. The psychology and timing was crisp. The brawl felt fresh since WWE doesn't over-utilize it like they used to. Kane won which is the right decision as far as the current line of booking. We are left with a question, something to tune into the show for, with Taker being beaten so badly. I think this match was great for what it was and far exceeded my expectations, I can see how some people would not enjoy it and that is fine.

And here comes the match I read the most whining about. Tag Team Turmoil. Was it rushed? Yes! Did they need about 10 more minutes absolutely. Would I have booked it slightly different? probably. But hindsight is 20/20. First of all they steal all the credibility of the champs by having them loose to Jericho in a handicap match on Monday then they further undercut these guys by having them job in 4 minutes to The Uso's, a team they have beaten many times before. I would have much preferred a longer first part with a quick middle portion. What I mean is I would have rather seen the Uso's and The Harts have a 10 minute tag bout with either team winning (as a side-note: I think the announcers did not help the Hart's by not putting over the fact that they were at a distinct disadvantage having to run the gauntlet) then quickly defeating Kozlov and Santino. But the end of the match I would have left the same. If WWE is serious about creating a viable tag team division they need to put over some new teams. The Uso's got a good rub tonight by defeating the tag champs and another team (a slightly tainted rub as the tag champs have looked like jokes the past few weeks and Kozlov/Santino are just a joke in general) Henry and Bourne are a fun tag team that needs a team name and could really get over well, and also set up a future feud between the two that could be pretty interesting. McIntyre and Cody are quite an odd-couple pairing but they have been very entertaining in my opinion on Smackdown. Here you have two very good heels forming a pretty formidable tag team and it will make a potential chase by either the former champs or Henry/Bourne very compelling to watch if booked correctly. So overall I feel like WWE did what they intended, which is set up a few viable tag teams that can feud with some of the already established teams that they will hopefully do more with (Archer and Hawkins and the Dudebusters come to mind). Overall I think this was another cool down period after a hot match, which has been the theme of the night.

Finally the Six-Pack challenge. This match was fantastic. They did quite a few good things here, they kept the Nexus/Cena storyline going. They piqued everyone's interest with the Jericho loss. They pulled the trigger on the Orton title run. And they made Sheamus look good in the process. All the while they put on a very hot contest that had the crowd in Chicago very hot and the crowd at the bar I watched it at cheering and whooping. This match did everything it should have done and was wall to wall action. Yet again if you didn't find yourself caught up in the action then I question your love of pro wrestling.

Overall I think this was a great PPV it delivered the goods in at least three of the matches it promised, and I would argue that it delivered on four. We come out of it with satisfying clean results and yet still they booked it to keep us interested in the continuing storylines that would stem from the action...the point being, this was one of the best entertainment style PPV's I've seen in quite some time.

A good heavy book holds you down. It's an anchor that keeps you from getting up and having another gin and tonic.

-Roy Blount Jr.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456