Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Victoria's Slave

My fave is Shevchenko

Old = The New New

^ and why is that.

Shevchenko is good, but he doesnt lead his team, like Henry does. Shevchenko had a chance to lead Ukraine at the World Cupp, and he got them into the 2nd round, despite his very subpar performance. I think if Shevechenko, just had a leadership quality, he may very well be a better player.
    Everyone's favorite old person is back... or is he?

Ring Crew

First of, Zidane is no striker at all. He's a midfielder (mostly playin') on the playmaking position. Shevchenko never had to lead Milan 'cause they had guys like Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo etc. which are or were surely the leaders in the team. In the World Cup Sheva showed, that he is no leader.

So we all agree that Henry is the best striker. But who would be the best of the new generation? First name that comes into my mind is Rooney. He has to deal with his temper but if you look at him hes fast, has technical abilities and sees the better positioned teammate. And all this with 20 years of age!

Quote Originally Posted by Appels
    ^ and why is that.

Shevchenko is good, but he doesnt lead his team, like Henry does. Shevchenko had a chance to lead Ukraine at the World Cupp, and he got them into the 2nd round, despite his very subpar performance. I think if Shevechenko, just had a leadership quality, he may very well be a better player.
    This is a good thread....anyway,He tryed to lead the Ukrainian team and I thought he did a good job at it. I mean look at the poor talent around him,its hard to do anything when ur the best guy on the team and theres no one else surrounding you thats even close to your skill level. He lead his team to a point that they have never reached before...hell he lead them to there first World Cup finals,so I dont no how you can say that he is not a leader. Im not a fan of the Ukrainian team but its just IMO.

Old = The New New

Striker of the future? Very good Question in my opinion.

Either, 21 Year Old Fernando Torres, or 20 Year Old Lukas Podolski

We saw what Podolski can do at the World Cup. HE has an excellent shot, and tends to be at the right place at the right time. I think he will become the leader of the German team eventually.

And Torres. He plays on a subpar club team, Athletico Madrid, and still manages to score goals, and yet he is only 21. Even in the world cup, he was close to being the top goal scorer.
    Everyone's favorite old person is back... or is he?

Victoria's Slave

Torres and Rooney are the strikers of the future.

Sheva did take Ukraine to the WC though.

Ring Crew

Anyone seen the friendly between Germany and Sweden? I think Klose proved that he is the worlds most dangerous striker right now.

Podolski, Rooney and Torres are great choices for best striker in the future. After a great season and an awesome debut for the dutch team I think that Klaas Jan Huntelaar could fit this list. But he has to prove that he scores in a european top five league...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12