Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    30, LOL.

But they are seperated by trilogies etc. who spans hundreds of years apart from the other trilogies etc. It's just set in the same fantasy world. When Feist wrote Magician in 1982, he was not planning on any more books, LOL.
    lol Will keep you busy lol. Sounds cool though.

(< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    lol Will keep you busy lol. Sounds cool though.
    It's very standard and straight forward fantasy at this point. With every typical fantasy tropes and cliches. But it's to be expected I guess. Feist is counted by many fantasy fans to be one of the Big 5 (J.R.R. Tolkien, George R.R. Martin, David Eddings, Jack Vance and Raymond E. Feist) But when you have read as much fantasy as I have, you really want something that goes outside those typical tropes and cliches. There is no doubt in my mind that Raymond E. Feist is inspired by other authors, as there has already been homage to other fantasy series and authors in these two first books.

It's very standard and straight forward fantasy at this point. With every typical fantasy tropes and cliches. But it's to be expected I guess. Feist is counted by many fantasy fans to be one of the Big 5 (J.R.R. Tolkien, George R.R. Martin, David Eddings, Jack Vance and Raymond E. Feist) But when you have read as much fantasy as I have, you really want something that goes outside those typical tropes and cliches. There is no doubt in my mind that Raymond E. Feist is inspired by other authors, as there has already been homage to other fantasy series and authors in these two first books.
    I never got into Feist, I will have to check him out.

After finishing the second book by Feist, I decided to put him down for a while and rather go back to one of my favorite book series ever written, by one of my favorite authors of all time. Earlier I've read the five other books in this series, but just got my hand on book 6 and 7. So now I am only missing book 8. It's been a while since I read this series, but God Damn was I happy I went back, because I suddenly remembered why I loved this so much.

After finishing the second book by Feist, I decided to put him down for a while and rather go back to one of my favorite book series ever written, by one of my favorite authors of all time. Earlier I've read the five other books in this series, but just got my hand on book 6 and 7. So now I am only missing book 8. It's been a while since I read this series, but God Damn was I happy I went back, because I suddenly remembered why I loved this so much.

Got to love the title. lol Draws me in lol

Started on the 7th book in The Incarnations Of Immortality series earlier today. Only one book left in the series, and that book is hard to get a copy of.

Started on the 7th book in The Incarnations Of Immortality series earlier today. Only one book left in the series, and that book is hard to get a copy of.

Maybe able to find it online to read?

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    Maybe able to find it online to read?
    I told my sister I wanted the 8th book for my birthday. Hopefully she gets it for me. It's available on ebay etc. It's just that I never ordered anything from there.

I told my sister I wanted the 8th book for my birthday. Hopefully she gets it for me. It's available on ebay etc. It's just that I never ordered anything from there.
    Oh ok, fair enough. Hopefully she will get it for you

I've seen the movie many times, but was never able to finish the book. I've started on it two times before, but had to put it down, because there is just so many Japanese names to keep control on, lol. Let's see if I'm able to finish it this time around.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast