Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 239 of 239
  1. #231
    UOW's Senior Citizen LionDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jungle!
    Posts
    24,636
    Rep Power
    5407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    I read what it is about online SM. Are you liking it?

  2. #232
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    16,495
    Rep Power
    5053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    I read what it is about online SM. Are you liking it?
    I loved all three books. I was kinda sad when it was over. It would have been awesome to see movie adaptions of these novels.

  3. #233
    UOW's Senior Citizen LionDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jungle!
    Posts
    24,636
    Rep Power
    5407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    I loved all three books. I was kinda sad when it was over. It would have been awesome to see movie adaptions of these novels.
    I hate it when I read a series of books and then it's over. You just want more, especially if you loved it. You get so invested into the story and then ... boom, that's it. lol

  4. #234
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    16,495
    Rep Power
    5053

    Default

    Oh Well, I've been reading a ton of books since last posting in this thread. Some of them are:

    R.F. Kuang - The Burning God (The 3rd Book In The Poppy War Trilogy)
    Cornelia Funke - The Thief Lord
    Christopher Stasheff - The Warlock Heretical (The Warlock Of Gramayre, Book 7)
    Christopher Stasheff - The Warlock's Companion (The Warlock Of Gramayre, Book 8)
    Christopher Stasheff - The Warlok Insane (The Warlock Of Gramayre, Book 9)
    Mayer Alan Brenner - Spell Of Intrigue (The Dance Of The Gods, Book 2)
    Mayer Alan Brenner - Spell Of Fate (The Dance Of The Gods, Book 3)
    Mayer Alan Brenner - Spell Of Apocalypse (The Dance Of The Gods, Book 4)
    David Gemmell - Ironhand's Daughter (The Hawk Queen, Book 1)
    David Gemmell - The Hawk Eternal (The Hawk Queen, Book 2)
    Bjørn Andreas Bull-Hansen - Jomsviking
    Bjørn Andreas Bull-Hansen - Jomsviking; Vinland
    Erik Fosnes Hansen - Falketårnet
    Terry Pratchett - Only You Can Save Mankind (The Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, Book 1)
    Terry Pratchett - Johnny And The Dead (The Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, Book 2)
    Terry Pratchett - Johnny And The Bomb (The Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, Book 3)

  5. #235
    UOW's Senior Citizen LionDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jungle!
    Posts
    24,636
    Rep Power
    5407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Oh Well, I've been reading a ton of books since last posting in this thread. Some of them are:

    R.F. Kuang - The Burning God (The 3rd Book In The Poppy War Trilogy)
    Cornelia Funke - The Thief Lord
    Christopher Stasheff - The Warlock Heretical (The Warlock Of Gramayre, Book 7)
    Christopher Stasheff - The Warlock's Companion (The Warlock Of Gramayre, Book 8)
    Christopher Stasheff - The Warlok Insane (The Warlock Of Gramayre, Book 9)
    Mayer Alan Brenner - Spell Of Intrigue (The Dance Of The Gods, Book 2)
    Mayer Alan Brenner - Spell Of Fate (The Dance Of The Gods, Book 3)
    Mayer Alan Brenner - Spell Of Apocalypse (The Dance Of The Gods, Book 4)
    David Gemmell - Ironhand's Daughter (The Hawk Queen, Book 1)
    David Gemmell - The Hawk Eternal (The Hawk Queen, Book 2)
    Bjørn Andreas Bull-Hansen - Jomsviking
    Bjørn Andreas Bull-Hansen - Jomsviking; Vinland
    Erik Fosnes Hansen - Falketårnet
    Terry Pratchett - Only You Can Save Mankind (The Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, Book 1)
    Terry Pratchett - Johnny And The Dead (The Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, Book 2)
    Terry Pratchett - Johnny And The Bomb (The Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, Book 3)
    lol Ok, you been busy there. Keep us up to date, I like the books you read. I always do research on them and seee what they are about

  6. #236
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    16,495
    Rep Power
    5053

    Default

    Just finished this book which is a collection of Bear-hunting stories from Norway of Ol' taking place in " Vassfaret " which is famous for it's rich history of bears.



  7. #237
    UOW's Senior Citizen LionDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jungle!
    Posts
    24,636
    Rep Power
    5407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    Just finished this book which is a collection of Bear-hunting stories from Norway of Ol' taking place in " Vassfaret " which is famous for it's rich history of bears.


    I am against bear hunting but if it is part of your history, it always good to read about your history.

  8. #238
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    16,495
    Rep Power
    5053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    I am against bear hunting but if it is part of your history, it always good to read about your history.
    Bears are protected nowadays. It was a part of our history yes. People lived close up on nature, and that had it's difficulities. There almost no bears left in Norway today. I've actually eaten Bear-Burger, which is a hamburger made out of bear-meat. It's traditionally sold at a annual festival in the city of Elverum.

  9. #239
    (< . . o . . PowerPill! Smartmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    16,495
    Rep Power
    5053

    Default

    Just finished 3 books in Christopher Stasheff's " The Warlock in Spite of Himself " series in 3 days, lol. Now I'm on the last book in the series (The Warlock's Last Ride) but, there is 2 more series after this, following The Warlock; Rod Gallowglass' children. And I actually got my hands on all those books in a flea market a couple of years ago.







Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •