Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Started on the 4th and final book in the " Time Scout " series yesterday.

Last edited by Smartmark; 09-24-2022 at 02:39 AM.

Just finished Robert Asprin's " Time Scout " Series. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, as I have read far better and interesting stuff from Asprin in the past. Oh well, time to start on a new book then

Just started on this one:

I've not read anything from Roger Zelazny earlier, but I have some of his books. I know he's most famous for his Chronicles about the Magic Kingdom Of Amber series, in which I have, but I am saving those for some other time. This book is a stand-alone novel, and from what I've heard, his masterpiece. Written all the way back in 1967.

After reading Lord of Light, I understand the praise that Zelazny get from people. I have not yet got to know him as an authour, but I'm pretty eager to read more. Luckily I have some more of his work on my bookshelf

The next book up is a collection of short-stories written by Zelazny. Maybe this can inspire me to finish some of my own short stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    After reading Lord of Light, I understand the praise that Zelazny get from people. I have not yet got to know him as an authour, but I'm pretty eager to read more. Luckily I have some more of his work on my bookshelf

The next book up is a collection of short-stories written by Zelazny. Maybe this can inspire me to finish some of my own short stories.

I hope you get inspired to finish

Quote Originally Posted by LionDen View Post
    I hope you get inspired to finish
    My biggest problem is short attention span, mixed with the fact that I hear all the words and sentences in my head, but when I try to write them down, it never turn out as good as it sounded in my head. And that makes me lose interest in writing further.

I don't have count on how many short stories, or stories I've started on, only to stop after a couple of pages. Sometimes I manage to write more but it seldon turns over 10 pages or so.

My biggest problem is short attention span, mixed with the fact that I hear all the words and sentences in my head, but when I try to write them down, it never turn out as good as it sounded in my head. And that makes me lose interest in writing further.

I don't have count on how many short stories, or stories I've started on, only to stop after a couple of pages. Sometimes I manage to write more but it seldon turns over 10 pages or so.
    Maybe you should get a little tape recorder to carry around and when you have those thoughts, speak into the recorder about them. Then you can listen later and write notes down.

So after reading some Zelazny I jumped into what he's most famous for; The Amber Chronicles. There are originally 10 books, with the first written all back in 1970, and the last one in 1991. Zelazny's Amber series is by many counted as one of the pillars of fantasy fiction. Let's see if I agree with them.

So after reading some Zelazny I jumped into what he's most famous for; The Amber Chronicles. There are originally 10 books, with the first written all back in 1970, and the last one in 1991. Zelazny's Amber series is by many counted as one of the pillars of fantasy fiction. Let's see if I agree with them.

I look forward to hearing what you think.

Just started on the second book in Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber series. Interesting so far. Each book is very short, so it feel a bit rushed, but also it's the way Zelazny writes, which I have to get used to I guess.

Just started on the third book about Amber:

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast