Eric Bischoff addressed his recent departure from WWE on his 83 Weeks podcast with Conrad Thompson recently. The topic of the podcast was Scott Hall’s tenure in WCW but at the end of the podcast, Bischoff addresses what happened during his recent stint working with WWE.

“I’m not gonna spend too much time clearing up the rumor and innuendo because it’s out there and I think people are smart enough to see through the b******t that they read on dirt sites and that kinda thing and honestly I don’t want to get negative.”

“I was really grateful for the opportunity to work at WWE and it was an opportunity. It didn’t work out the way I wanted it to work out, clearly, it didn’t work out the way Vince McMahon wanted it to work out, but that happens and I’m not taking any of personally.”

“The writing staff for SmackDown in particular as well as a lot of the other writers who are on Raw, they are a very, very talented and unbelievably hard-working and dedicated group of people.”

“Just to have the opportunity to work with people like that in and of itself was worth this experiment. I didn’t come here thinking I was going to be in WWE for five or ten years, I looked at it as a relatively short term opportunity, meaning two or three years. I didn’t think it would be quite this short term, but sometimes that happens. WWE is a great company with a very defined culture and process and I didn’t necessarily fit into it and that’s just the way it is.”

“I’m not sad, I’m not disappointed, I’m not angry, I’m not any of those things. I’m just looking forward to the next opportunity wherever and whenever that might be.”

Bischoff has already been booked for Starrcast IV in Baltimore.