Jake Hager (formerly known as Jack Swagger) recently did an interview with SI.com where he spoke about a wide range of topics.

During the interview, he reflected on his time with WWE where he stated that he felt lost in the mix in the company.

“I was lost in the mix there [in WWE],” said Hager. “When I look now at guys like Cesaro, guys like Bobby Lashley, they’re just lost. When I look at them, that whole cloud of doom comes right back over me. I’m so glad I’m not in that.”

He added, that type of booking is something WWE Superstars just have to deal with – and it’s by design. “They know exactly what they’re doing, and I hate to say it, but it’s on purpose. They want you lost in there so they can control you. They don’t control me anymore. Now, I’m finally being portrayed in the way I always should have.”

As the enforcer of Chris Jericho’s new Inner Circle stable, Jake Hager is a key component of the most dominant force in All Elite Wrestling. He’s excited to compete in AEW and named The Lucha Bros, The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, PAC and Hangman Page as talent he wants to work with, when he’s able to.

Hager made his AEW debut back on October 2nd during the AEW Dynamite on TNT premiere. This is where he joined The Inner Circle that is led by AEW World Champion Chris Jericho.

He is set to fight at the Bellator 231 event. He’ll take on Anthony Garrett in a heavyweight showdown that will air as part of the main card.