WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray recently heaped a huge amount of praise on AEW star Darby Allin. During the latest episode of the Busted Open Radio Podcast the former Dudley Boy claimed that Allin is a star for the future.

“They start off with Cody and Darby and I think that was a really great first match,” Bully began. This whilst discussing the AEW Homecoming event that took place on New Year’s Day. “That kicked that night off really hot and that crowd was super into that show. They were a perfect example of how a hot crowd can help to make or break an event.”

Bully then claimed that Allin is going to be a major player for AEW going forward. “Darby Allin is going to be a major star for AEW. This guy is super over already. I loved his vignette before his entrance.”

Ray also discussed how Allin is appealing to younger fans, even below the mythical 18-34 demographic that AEW is attempting to hook. “It resonates with younger viewers. I have a good friend who has a nine or ten year old son and I’ve seen the kid now probably three different times. Twice I saw him at my friend’s house he has on a Darby Allin shirt. And once I saw him at a local indie show and he was painted up like Darby Allin. So if I’m seeing a ten year old on three different occasions and all three different occasions he’s wearing Darby Allin stuff it’s a pretty good indicator that not only is Darby connecting with the eighteen to thirty four year olds; but it’s clear that is connected with the younger audience.”

Ray finished by saying that the sky is the limit for the young star. “I think between his unique look, his style, and the vignettes that they’ve been doing with him; man the sky is the limit for guys like Darby Allin. I look at Darby and I look at MJF. They’re so young. They’re so talented. When they get true polish on them week after week after week they are going to be unstoppable.”

Bully also went on to say that he believed that Darby Allin was this generation’s Jeff Hardy.