The transcript below is from the video “Bruce Lee’s ‘The Big Boss’ Restaurant Filming Location After 50 Years” by BruceLeeRealFight. Video at bottom.

BruceLeeRealFight:
“Were you here when Bruce Lee was filming The Big Boss in 1971?”

The Thai Hotel Bangkok Owner:

“Yes I have been here about 50 years already.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“That means you met Bruce Lee in person?”

“Yes, I met Bruce Lee before.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

Welcome to BruceLeeRealFight channel.

Hi everyone, welcome to BruceLeeRealFight channel. Today, we come to a memorable filming location of Bruce Lee’s 1971 “The Big Boss” aka “Fist of Fury” in America. On 12 July, 1971, Bruce Lee flew from Los Angeles to Bangkok via Hong Kong. He was arranged to stay in Bangkok for 5 nights before he was driven to Pak Chong to start the filming. And the hotel in front of us right now was the hotel Bruce Lee and the crew stayed while filming “The Big Boss” in Bangkok. This hotel was built in 1962 with a total of 90 rooms and with wooden flooring. It was known as “The Thai Hotel Bangkok” back in the 70s. It was being mentioned in “Letters of the Dragon” where Bruce Lee wrote letters to his wife Linda Lee in 1971. And then, the former Thai hotel is renamed to Hotel De Moc where “De Moc” stands for Democracy Monument. This family-run hotel is about 20 km away from the Bangkok Don Mueang Airport.

BruceLeeRealFight:

Bruce Lee was here 50 years ago. That’s half a century, can you imagine that? He stayed in room 401 which is the first room right at the corner of the 4th floor. His room is opposite the fire exit. There is a big escape doorway right outside where Bruce Lee used to stand there to stretch his body and practice his martial arts every day. As you can see here, there was a swimming pool behind the red sign board. Bruce Lee once enjoyed sun tanning at this place in the 70s. There are not many changes to this hotel until last year, the owner of this hotel decided to renovate it. And this is what it looks like right now. We can still see a small part of the hotel is remained although most of it has been demolished.

BruceLeeRealFight:

About 100m away from Hotel De Moc, we can walk to the filming location of Bruce Lee’s 1971 “The Big Boss” aka “Fist of Fury” in America aka “Ai Num Sing Teng” in Thailand. It is the restaurant where the ice factory manager invited Bruce to a dinner after Bruce was promoted to be the foreman of the ice factory. At this restaurant Bruce breaks a pile of sugar cane with his bare hand. He gets drunk at the dinner party and then he was seduced by a Thai lady, played by a Thai celebrity Marilyn Bautista. And here is the restaurant. It takes less than a minute to walk here. This restaurant has been around since 1970. That’s half a century. From the outside, we can tell it has been renovated. And it is known as Poonsinn Restaurant.

This filming location can be identified by the uniform appeared in the 1971 “The Big Boss”. It reads “Poonsinn” restaurant. The only way to find out whether we are at the right location, is to go into this restaurant and check it out.

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Excuse me, is this the restaurant where Bruce Lee used to film here?”

“Yes, Bruce wasn’t that famous at that time.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Where was the scene filmed?”

“They filmed on the second floor.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Can I go up and have a look?”

“Do you mean now? There is no one up there.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“It’s ok, I just want to have a look.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Do you know where they filmed the movie?”

“They filmed in the first room on the second floor.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Can you show me the place?”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Were you here when Bruce Lee was filming The Big Boss in 1971?”

“Yes I have been here about 50 years already.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“That means you met Bruce Lee in person?”

“Yes, I met Bruce Lee before.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“How was Bruce Lee like?”

“I didn’t know who Bruce Lee was at that time.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“He was not that famous during that time.”

“Bruce Lee is a gentle and quiet person.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“So, you met Bruce Lee, how was he like?”

“I was watching them filming “The Big Boss” and I didn’t talk to Bruce.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“So, do you watch Bruce Lee’s movies?”

“Absolutely. I love to watch Bruce Lee’s movies.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“It was “The Big Boss” that was filmed at this restaurant, am I right?”

“Yes, you are right.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Do you watch other movies played by Bruce Lee?”

“I watched all Bruce Lee’s movies.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

“Bruce Lee has only 4 movies.”

“Yes, I watched all Bruce Lee’s movies.”

BruceLeeRealFight:

Alright everyone, that’s Bruce Lee’s 1971 “The Big Boss” restaurant filming location in 2021. It’s been half a century. It really took us a lot of time to find all these filming locations and make videos for all Bruce Lee fans around the world.

Watch the video below

wingchunnews.ca