ROH play-by-play commentator, Ian Riccaboni, hopes that there will be a truce between top Mexican promotions AAA and CMLL.

The landscape of pro wrestling outside of WWE has drastically changed over the years. As of late, we’ve been seeing the “Forbidden Door” become busted open. There is a slew of cross-promotion going on. ROH is no stranger to inter-promotional dealings and has been doing it for years.

It’s gotten to the point where Ian Riccaboni just wants to see two promotions get along. Those companies are AAA and CMLL. Here’s what the ROH play-by-play ace told Sportskeeda.

“I’m gonna go with an off-the-beaten-path one. I think Ring of Honor has a good relationship with everybody. Those doors are open and I think there might be some light in some doors that were closed before, cracks of light. But I’d like to see AAA, CMLL finally just have some sort of truce.

“The scene in Mexico right now is so exciting. Bandido just did an event with his gym, Bandido’s Gym, for Big Lucha. There were so many talented luchadors that I never seen before including his brother, whose name is Gravity. Gravity did this crazy move off the balcony and he was really awesome in the battle royale. Just talent after talent. If you look at the lineup of Crash or if you look at the lineup of Big Lucha at Bandido’s Gym or anything like that, you’ll see these inter-promotional dream matches. You’ll see guys from AAA, you’ll see guys from CMLL, you’ll see guys from Ring of Honor, from AEW.”

As Riccaboni mentioned, there are plenty of other shows that have featured talent from various promotions including AAA and CMLL. While many wouldn’t hold their breath in terms of a partnership between the two companies, never say never in this industry.