- Elon Musk told Time he was not dating anyone as he and Grimes remained "semi-separated."
- He's living near a SpaceX facility in Texas, which he described as "a technology monastery."
- Musk and Grimes dated for three years and have an 18-month-old son, X Æ A-Xii, together.
- Elon Musk and Grimes are still "semi-separated" as they pursue their own careers, Musk said.

The Tesla billionaire discussed his split from the singer and producer in a recent interview with Time's Molly Ball, Jeffrey Kluger, and Alejandro de la Garza for its annual "Person of the Year" issue.

"Grimes and I are, I'd say, probably semi-separated," Musk told Time. "We weren't seeing each other that much, and I think this is to some degree a long-term thing, because what she needs to do is mostly in LA or touring, and my work is mostly in remote locations like this."

Grimes appears to slam Elon Musk in new song.

Musk explained the situation similarly to Page Six in September, telling the publication that he and Grimes had decided to go their separate ways after three years of dating. He said at the time that they still loved each other and "are on great terms" as they coparented their 18-month-old son, X Æ A-Xii.

In the interview with Time, Musk said he was single and spending most of his time around Boca Chica, Texas, near SpaceX's Starbase launch facility.

"This place is basically like a technology monastery, you know," he said. "There are some women here, but not many. And it's remote."

Musk confirmed in December last year that he had moved to Texas after a months-long spat with the state of California over pandemic lockdowns. He sold off his $100 million real-estate portfolio in California after pledging to "own no house" and said he was renting a $50,000 prefab tiny home.

Grimes, for her part, has been busy releasing music. In a new song, "Player of Games," the lyrics seem to allude to her relationship with Musk: "Baby / How can I compare / To the adventure out there? / Sail away / To the cold expanse of space / Even love / Couldn't keep you in your place."

Grimes - Player of Games (Lyric Video)

msn.com