Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Gef, The Talking Mongoose

Was the name given to an allegedly talking mongoose which was claimed to inhabit a farmhouse owned by the Irving family, near the hamlet of Dalby on the Isle of Man, United Kingdom.

The story was given extensive coverage by the tabloid press in Britain in the early 1930s. The Irvings' claims gained the attention of parapsychologists and ghost hunters.

The Irvings told that Gef communicated with them, and also claimed that he supposedly guarded their house and informed them of the approach of guests or any unfamiliar animal. They also told that if someone had forgotten to put out the fire at night, Gef would go down and stop the stove. He would also wake people up when they overslept, and whenever mice got into the house, he would assume the role of the house's cat, although he preferred to scare them rather than kill them.

Leslie Graham, who bought the farm from the Irvings in 1946 claimed that he had shot and killed Gef, but when the body was displayed, Voirrey Irving was certain that it was not Gef.

lol Ok. A talking mongoose. Here is a picture of him apparantly.

The first time I ever heard about this was when I was a kid. My dad used to get these magazines called Monsters in the mail. And I remember one of them having an article about Gef. I still think he's got some of those old magazines, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
    The first time I ever heard about this was when I was a kid. My dad used to get these magazines called Monsters in the mail. And I remember one of them having an article about Gef. I still think he's got some of those old magazines, lol.
    Some magazines are awesome for the weird and wonderful lol